magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Write up of MJ from another blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: A Write up of MJ from another blog Reply with quote

This was posted at: http://www.gregkarp.com/blog/2007/12/31/cheap-phone-service-magicjack/

Kinna puts things to perspective..

#
bubba1212 on January 9th, 2009 at 11:38 am

It�s nice to see some common sense users of this product for a change. The only issue with this device is IGNORANCE. After reading hundreds of �I love it�, �I hate it� posts, I�ve come to a few conclusions.

30 DAY FREE TRIAL ?
1: Never buy ANY free 30day trial on ANYTHING!!! Get MJ from Radio Shack, QVC, Circuit City, Amazon etc� Then you have a hassle free return. ALL 30 DAY FREE TRIAL AND GIVE US YOU�RE CREDIT CARD NUMBER Company�s will set on your money and give you the runaround, duh. Your and every other sucker�s money is letting them make interest off it. They ALL will bite you in the azz with the fine print. DON�T DO IT!

MAGIC JACK SUPPORT SUCKS!
2: For the people that think the thing that comes out after you press the button on the front of the computer is an automated cup holder, you�re too stupid to use this product. You probably have trouble operating a light switch or flushing the toilet. If you are a 1 on the (1 - 10) Tech Savvy Scale, save us the drudge of reading your negative post and don�t even think about getting this product. It�s way, way, way over your head. Go play with the light switch or something. MJ is a startup company running on a shoestring. It�s $40 dollars! It�s $40 dollars! It�s $40 dollars! It�s $40 dollars! It�s $40 dollars! What do you expect them to do, send a tech to your house? Come on people get real. If you can�t make it work then return it to Circuit City or QVC etc� Oh, you did the 30day free trial thing? DUH� you deserve the hassle. Just don�t bore us with your post.

THEY�RE SPYING ON ME!
3: Paranoid people get up in the morning; check the weather etc� on Internet. Hello! Your ISP tracked what you did and the Weather web cookie and all the other cookies did they�re thing. Picked up your Cell phone and made a call, Hello! Your phone service tracked and logged your call, they also knew you were home because of the built in tracking system. Got in your car and stopped at intersection, got your picture taken by traffic cam. Somebody knows where you were at the time of day. Stopped to get gas, restaurant, shopping swiped your credit card, God only knows how many people got this information on what you bought. Went to work and your employer tracked every keystroke, oh and don�t forget to smile for the candid camera. I looked your name up in the White pages and Goggled Earth your address, WOW! You got a really nice house dude. Maybe I�ll pay you a visit and spy on you. You think MJ gives a rip about the above information? They just want to know local information so they can push you the latest add special from the local pizza place. Unless you live in a cave, get a life because this is your life, you�re just too ignorant to recognize it and all the bitching in the world is not going to change it. Install this on an old PC, stick in the closet, plug in a wireless phone and forget about it. Now it�s out of site and out of mind. Just like all the above listed things we ignore every day.

I�M IGNORANT, THERE FOR ITS MAGIC JACK�S FAULT!
4: It�s amazing! Crap computer + slow line + Magic Jack = Magic Jacks fault. You got to love it.
This is a COMPUTER \ INTERNET device. For the slow people out there, this means YOUR PC AND ISP NEED TO BE ON FOR IT TO WORK! So stop whining about your computer needs to be on for it to work. If you have a slow piece of crap computer loaded with God knows what (because you don�t patch, virus protect and properly maintain your PC.) your going to have PROBLEMS! If your Internet speed is slooooooow, guess what? It�s NOT GOING TO WORK WELL! So the folks that post, �I can�t hear�, �it�s full of static�, �it echoes�, �it sucks�, �their spying on me�, �don�t buy it� and on and on and on. It�s your fault, not Magic Jack. If it wasn�t YOUR fault, we�d ALL be experiencing the same problems you are. So if you�re not willing to deal with YOUR problem, or simply ask people that have it working a few questions to help resolve your problem, then stop posting your ignorance.

5: This DOES NOT and SHOULD NOT replace you�re your phone system. Analyze what it can and cannot do for you. If it makes business sense then get it. If not, DON�T slam this product because it doesn�t meet your needs. This device saves me and millions of people like me lots of money.

6: Read 1 � 5.

Last edited by msiam on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
freekshow
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes perfect sense to me. Could not have said it better.
Garrison
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well written, now hopefully these people will read it and go away!!
Wayne, a happy Magic Jack user
Anne
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great post. Thanks for making it available.

Anne
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sentiment was dead on target. The English could use some help.
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

direct to the point!
hoyas
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

booooooom! headshot to all stupid whinners.
smalcom
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hat's off to you! You are 100% correct. I still have trouble with people who buy a zircon and then complain that when they tried to cut glass with it it didn't work like a diamond.

For the price we are paying, the magicJack is a damn good piece of gear. It works even better on the dedicated Thin Client I have it on. Yes, there are problems but I'll dial the number two or three times to get the connection for the price I'm paying for the service.

No, this should not be the only phone in the house, but I sure can cut my Verizon bill down by using their cheapest phone service without all the add-ons.
Anne
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen so much angry energy expended on a $40 product that can be returned for a refund: verbal abuse heaped on poor tech support who seem to endure it without responding, four letter words flung here and there that would get Security called if it were a face to face encounter, time spent comparing MJ with a more expensive device. How many would trade problems with those whose major time-consuming problem is the magicJack?

Thank you positive, helpful people.

Anne
logicrules
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have missed the point completely! But this is a rant so it figures someone is to blame; to you it is the users, and I probably should not reply at all.
There are many users that have a system well equipped to handle the needs of MJ and still the device is failing.
If the device worked as well as it was advertised, of course, there would be no problem but in many cases it is not.
In your rant you sighted several analogies to liken the publics feeling. They did not prove to be on the same level as the MJ but they made it easy for you to continue your rant against the �stupid� people of this world.
If one buys a car and it continuously breaks down should they just throw it away or seek some help in fixing the problem. In the best production lines there will always be lemons, and the company that produces them should be held responsible.
Maybe the lemon buyers should just rant that all others that bought the same car are stupid. That would help tremendously.
Come now, the users did not produce the device. Were you stupid when you purchased your MJ? There are many people that do not know how to operate the devices they buy, consider the death toll in car accidents but still we continue to buy them. We rely on the manufacturers� word to make some use of their device.
Isn�t the current situation in this country an example of company�s misuse of integrity and funds enough to enlighten you?
Don�t insult people because of a devices failure to work, blame the manufacturer for not producing it properly or not advising their users on how to use it properly. And the way to advise people is through a decent support system.
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, you buy a new car, you drive it on a bumpy road and complain to the dealer that the ride is rough. He suggests that you try to drive the car on another road, better road.. You do and the ride is smooth.. Hmm.... could it be the road you were driving on before was the whole problem? Not saying that all cases are in this scenario, just that most are. Confused
Anne
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logicrules, if that volley was aimed at me, you've proven my point.

Anne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: