magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1 Hour Cut Off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: 1 Hour Cut Off Reply with quote

These people at MagicJack support don't know nothing about this 1hr cut off. I mean Dan made a mint and if your telling me he did'nt your just as bad as he is. This one hour cut off limit is so lame that those that purchased a few years of service etc you better really enjoy it. The servers are getting that much traffic then that means the cash flow is good. Buy more servers and equipment to handle the load. Or when they do TV ad's say "one hour talk time limit per call". It's real nice to tell someone your talking too hey im at 59 mins and one more min and we will get disconnected and i will have to call you back. Where is Dan's mind at?. If this move is to make money then Damn Dan is the worst business man and that shamwow fool on TV will make billions with his rags!. HAPPY NEW YEAR. Rolling Eyes
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This belonged in the rants/raves forum.

Mark
micronerdo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Hour Cut Off Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
These people at MagicJack support don't know nothing about this 1hr cut off. I mean Dan made a mint and if your telling me he did'nt your just as bad as he is. This one hour cut off limit is so lame that those that purchased a few years of service etc you better really enjoy it. The servers are getting that much traffic then that means the cash flow is good. Buy more servers and equipment to handle the load. Or when they do TV ad's say "one hour talk time limit per call". It's real nice to tell someone your talking too hey im at 59 mins and one more min and we will get disconnected and i will have to call you back. Where is Dan's mind at?. If this move is to make money then Damn Dan is the worst business man and that shamwow fool on TV will make billions with his rags!. HAPPY NEW YEAR. Rolling Eyes

This is no big deal. It happened to me and I called back for another 45 minutes of calling. I'd rather do a simple task as that then pay a landline their $'s forty times over a month in not doing it.
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I can live with the hour limit they've imposed much easier than I could the 30 minute. Sure, it's inconvenient for phone sex, but it gets the job done cheaper than it costs paying long distance.
davrow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you old enough to remember pay phones?

They beeped when they needed to be fed more money.

There are two things that really upset me with this cutoff:
1) They aren't admitting it
2) There is no warning

Did it cutoff at 60 minutes, or is my line dead? How do I know? Do I need to worry? Does the patient receiving counseling at the other end need to worry? Are they going to call me back while I'm calling them back, so neither of us can get through?

Saying "no big deal" isn't enough for me.
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call everyone, talk as long as you want, for just 19.95 a month!
THATS 19.95 PER MONTH!!!

pffffffft.
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one hour cutoff yesterday!Cutoff might have changed as yesterday I made a call and it lasted one hour and forty one minutes. I then hung up the phone. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaninKY wrote:
No one hour cutoff yesterday!Cutoff might have changed as yesterday I made a call and it lasted one hour and forty one minutes. I then hung up the phone. Razz

Has been changed to 2 hours.
stroths

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutoff is 119 minutes currently as shown below. That came from a dump of magicjack while it was running. The value is in seconds.

[MagicJackOptions.CallDurationControl]
MaxOutboundCallDuration=7140

7140/60 = 119 minutes
DanD
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely correct - calls time out at 1 hour & 59 minutes. For my purposes, I can live with that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: