magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 minutes to load.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pare
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: 10 minutes to load. Reply with quote

This is something new to me. I've been using MJ for almost a year now, and about two weeks ago it takes about 10 minutes of watching the "Tell your friends about magicjack," until magicjack starts?
Any ideas?
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 minutes to load. Reply with quote

pare wrote:
This is something new to me. I've been using MJ for almost a year now, and about two weeks ago it takes about 10 minutes of watching the "Tell your friends about magicjack," until magicjack starts?
Any ideas?

You can use "procmon" (google for it) to watch what's happening during those 10 minutes. Create a filter so it only captures activity associated with magicjackloader.exe and magicjack.exe.

The normal way MJ starts is to execute magicjackloader.exe, which does *a lot* of stuff that doesn't appear to be necessary for the proper operation of the softphone. The wiki FAQ describes how to run MagicJack without the "splash screen." This speeds up how long it takes MJ to load because it executes magicjack.exe directly. You might try that just to eliminate what's known to be a slow startup (but never 10 minutes, usually just 30 seconds or so).

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: