magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12/01/2007 = "shortly" or "in the near future

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: 12/01/2007 = "shortly" or "in the near future Reply with quote

Up until recently (last several days) the FAQ/Q&A on the MJ web site had a question regarding how to change phone numbers. The response was, and I paraphrase, 'you will be able to change it by 12/01/07'

A review of the site today shows a reformatted Q&A/FAQ page and all previous references to "12/01/07" appear to have been replaced with "SHORTLY" or "IN THE NEAR FUTURE".

This does not appear to bode well for the PORTAL release on 12/01/07... or does it?
Poo619
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

means to me that they are going to miss their target date on something once again. I dont understand why they put dates on something many weeks/months in advance. I would much rather a "These are the services we are working on delivering to you and plan to deliver them in this order..... there is no ETA" At least that way your expectations arent already set. Plus, the day you visit the MJ website and find out there is a new feature available I think is more enjoyable than a 3 month countdown.
jeffnyc
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Dec 1. Is there a working portal??? Somehow, I already know the answer.

A "sales chat" rep yesterday told me next week. I do not think I will be surprised if Dec 8th comes around and still no portal

But hey, at least they got the area codes so new customers can get them =)

I still think MJ is a great deal and have been happy with their service, especially when enhanced with the help of this forum Smile
caddy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it going to stay but the portal is up and running. I just changed my number successfully. They have forwarding but cannot comfirm that it works or not.
Ronny
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding Reply with quote

caddy wrote:
I don't know if it going to stay but the portal is up and running. I just changed my number successfully. They have forwarding but cannot comfirm that it works or not.

I works, but IS NOT "follow me". You would have to set it every time you leave home (or wherever your MJ lives). That won't work for me.

Merry Christmas,

Ron
stisev
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Call Forwarding Reply with quote

Ronny wrote:
caddy wrote:

I works, but IS NOT "follow me". You would have to set it every time you leave home (or wherever your MJ lives). That won't work for me.

Merry Christmas,

Ron

Exactly. They promised a "followme" feature that would work when my computer is off. I'd have to set it each time. What's the point in that?

I have to continue using my GrandCentral # until they fix this. ;(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: