magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2-line setep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcjmc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: 2-line setep Reply with quote

I presently have two lines from Comcast, L1 and L2, and have two-line phones throughtout my house. I want to use MJ Plus as L2, and cancel the Comcast L2. I would also need to have both L1 and L2 ring and be useful on all of the two-line phones. Is this possible? How do I accomplish?

kcjmc
kleeb
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would cancel L2 with Comcast and then disconnect their line from the L2 house wiring, wherever that is (box on side of house?). Now you can run a plain phone connector from the mJ to the nearest L2 jack.

If you only have 2-line phones, each with one cable going to the wall for both lines, you will have to do extra work. Typical old Ma Bell wiring has L1 using the red-green pair and L2 using the yellow-black pair.

Some stores sell a plug-in that separates the two lines into two sockets. It looks just like one of those splitters that lets you plug two devices into the same line. So now plug a splitter into the wall, then plug your 2-line phone into one of its splits and plug the 2-line separator into the other. Now plug the mJ into the L2 jack of the separator.

This made perfect sense to me as I wrote it, but everybody please jump in with insults if I got it wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: