magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 magicjacks on the same network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dslab
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: 2 magicjacks on the same network Reply with quote

I want to setup 2 magicjacks at home, one for personal use, and the other for work related calls. However, I am unable to do so.

When both are hooked up (not on same computer of course), both will be able to dial out, but one won't be able to receive phone calls. There seems to be some kind of conflict here. Anyone know of any settings I need to change to get this to work? Maybe on the router?

I tried to do a search in this forum, but couldn't find any answers. Any help would be appreciated.
grw
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: 2 magicjacks on the same network Reply with quote

dslab wrote:
I want to setup 2 magicjacks at home, one for personal use, and the other for work related calls. However, I am unable to do so.

When both are hooked up (not on same computer of course), both will be able to dial out, but one won't be able to receive phone calls. There seems to be some kind of conflict here. Anyone know of any settings I need to change to get this to work? Maybe on the router?

I tried to do a search in this forum, but couldn't find any answers. Any help would be appreciated.
I have a similar experience. I posted it on another thread:

Easy way to use magicJack without usb dongle...

So far, no one has been able to come up with a workaround.
LAMrJack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, Ithink that your machines being connected trhu same router are trying to use the same UDP ports , that is blocking for both receive calls ....see this comment on ports : http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/udp-ports-t3511.html?highlight=5060

regards.
JohnnyFreightTRAIN
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried tech support? Who knows you might just get somewhere.
Or maybe email Dan?

Please keep us posted, dslab.
dslab
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it again yesterday and it seems to work now. Maybe there was a software update, I don't know, I didn't do anything other than plug in the USB device . Anyway, Now I just bought 2 Polycom SIP phone and trying to use these instead of the USB device (hate to have 2 computers running all the time), But same problem, can't have them both work at the same time. Now I am starting to experiment with Trixbox, hopefully I can get a better result.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: