magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 ways to get IP & proxy1 for ATA if you can.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pj344
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: 2 ways to get IP & proxy1 for ATA if you can. Reply with quote

This will not work with the latest update. The new update has encrypted all but the ID phone number. Open your MJ dump and do a text string find for Proxydomain= (for a proxy server address like proxy1.saltlakecity.talk4free.com:5070) or SIPProxyURI="sip: (for an IP address like 67.90.80.134:5070) One of these will provide you with the address of the local server to use for your ATA. MJ is working on killing the ATAs. Whan ATAs are no longer working with MJ. MJ may sell there own ATA device to make $$$. Sad
dan
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your post is a little confusing. Are you saying that after the latest upgrade MJ has encrypted everything in the USB device. Including password?
nakamoniel
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: NO way Reply with quote

I just got my MJ yesterday and its allready up and running great on ATA
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got it working except for a little problem. if i call out, the other person can hear me and i can hear them perfectly. however, if someone calls me, i can hear them but they can not hear me. i just don't understand how to fix this. i've used a wifi phone as wel as x-lite and the same thing happened which leads me to believe it has something to do with the settings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: