magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 Product of the Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norml jack
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: 2008 Product of the Year Reply with quote

???
Do I need to re-calibrate my calendar?
Did the "Inventor" invent this too?
What would Al Gore, true inventor of the MagicJack, say?
Xen1969
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like they are referring to 2008 PC Magazine Editor's Choice.

Having their share of problems but there are signs of improvement.
Xen1969
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2250249,00.asp

An interesting read.

"And YMax says that in the near future a firmware upgrade will use remote wake-up (a feature that most motherboards support these days) to power up your PC when a call comes in. "
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be cool and make the jack more usable than it already is.
mufon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xen1969 wrote:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2250249,00.asp

An interesting read.

"And YMax says that in the near future a firmware upgrade will use remote wake-up (a feature that most motherboards support these days) to power up your PC when a call comes in. "

A firmware upgrade could not accomplish that, given that the jack is powered from the computer it's plugged into and therefore cannot maintain a real-time active state. On the other hand, a ring signal contains roughly 200 volts p-p between ring and tip, so it is not impossible (oops, this is not a landline, ring comes from a sleeping jack, LOL. I just realized my blunder here.) However, that is easier said than done and would require additional electronics, a firmware upgrade alone will not make it happen.

It occurs to me as well that by the time the computer wakes from standby that voicemail may most likely answer the incoming call. The jack is a great little portable telephony device, it is what it is and does what it does well, but I would never expect it to be a well-depended on service because it just isn't part of its design. That is to say the end user hardware does not have that ability as a feature of its design, the underlying telephony service infrastructure notwithstanding.

BTW, don't believe everything you read. Articles are written by journalists very often, and I can't help remembering how I and my fellow engineering students marveled at the brilliant intellect of the journalism students back in my college years.
charlessimango
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reselling Reply with quote

Saw the terms for reselling but could not see the contacts as to where we can get hooked up for the business. Does anyone know?
Xen1969
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to become a reseller?

Try [email protected] maybe. That's the e-mail listed for contact on YMAX website.

http://www.ymaxcorp.com/contact.html
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if resaling MJ is a good idea unless ur dealing with people who are good with computers... Start a bussiness thats weh hosting! We can be partners LOL.
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: