magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

401 Error Message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadcomedian
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: 401 Error Message Reply with quote

Everytime I plug the magicJack into the USB and click the magicJack App, it shows my designated phone number, and then tells me to restart Error 401.
I have removed all virus protection programs and my windows firewall is allowing it access. I have tried it with no firewall active as well, to no avail. This just started in the last day or so. Before that, it was working just fine.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

ALSO - I tried rebooting my modem, but that didn't help either...
Confused
jethrocane
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: 401 error Reply with quote

A customer of mine had the same problem yesterday. He brought his magicjack into my store and it did the same thing...error 401. So we know it wasn't anything tot do with his pc or firewall. My magicjack was working fine in the store. I did the magicfix and the error did still come up on his unit. We unhooked the usb extension cord..same error. He said the last time he used it he made a call to a cell phone and his hasn't worked since. I would get a dial tone and then the error would come up. I tried to call a couple of local numbers when i did get the dial tone. After it successfully connected to a local number the problem seemed to resolve itself. It's almost as if it didn't disconnect properly from the last cell number he called. So if you can get a dial tone, try to quickly dial a local number and see what happens. I hope this helps you.
UPDATE....my client is still having the 401 error..it worked for a while and then the error started again. Still trying to figure it out.

Last edited by jethrocane on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
sbw07
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at my post here; it might be helpful.
Tim Me
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are the people at MagicJack going to find a way to diseminate this information?
The idea that we should be hunting around postings on a user support group looking for ways to regain our phone service is absolutely ridiculous!!!
sadcomedian
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read your post joe, and I followed the steps presented in your chat. It still doesn't work. I can't even enter a chat with them myself. Everytime I click on the live chat button, I only have the option to ask a question, and recieve a generic reply.
I also tried calling a local number and that didn't work either!
Anyone else want a crack at it?
sadcomedian
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if I try to call a local number, it says "waiting for proxy registration" and then disconnects...
bobbypab
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to fix windows registry with RegCure/Registry Mechanic software. It works for me 100%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: