Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canuckken
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: 411

Sorry if this question has been covered before. I am a Canadian user and would like to know how to have the 411 button on the softphone take me to the Canadian directory, 411.ca. Is there a way of programing this?

Last edited by canuckken on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyFreightTRAIN
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject:

No, the reason magicjack does not charge you for 411 service is because they makes use a free 411 service called "1-800-FREE-411" who does not provide a live operator. This service is not yet available in Canada, and if it was then you would probably have to call from a Canadian phone number (right now you can't call them from Canada).

You can call 1-800-411-SAVE from a US or Canadian phone number completely free, and they will find and connect you with business, residential, or government listings for free. They also have live agents who will help you if you are having any problems.
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject:

DELETED

(Double post)

Last edited by JohnnyFreightTRAIN on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
canuckken
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject:

I don't get it. Canada has a free 411 service. http://www.411.ca/ I want to be able to have that site open when I click the 411 button on the softphone. Is it not possible?

Last edited by canuckken on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Ohhh, Ok I understand. I thought you meant calling 411 from your telephone.

I'm actually not sure.
It probably is possible, but I think you need to know programming or something like that.

I don't think it's something that can be easily changed.
I think you're just going to have to open your web browser and go to 411.ca manually.
canuckken
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject:

It is not a big deal to access 411.ca through the web browser seeing that is what I normally do. I just do not like the soft phone 411 option because I have no need to search for American numbers. I would like the convenience of the 411 button opening the Canadian site. Perhaps this is an option MJ should consider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: