magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 MJs on 847 Area Code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g011p
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: 5 MJs on 847 Area Code Reply with quote

I need to purchase five or six magicjacks but on a 847 area code for my team members. Dose anybody knows when 847 will be available. I need those for dilling out so Grand Central wont work unless there is a way to change displaying CID number to custom number. Any ideas would be great.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: 5 MJs on 847 Area Code Reply with quote

g011p wrote:
I need to purchase five or six magicjacks but on a 847 area code for my team members. Dose anybody knows when 847 will be available. I need those for dilling out so Grand Central wont work unless there is a way to change displaying CID number to custom number. Any ideas would be great.
YMAX does not own any 847s, but you can get 224-365 or 224-927, both Northbrook rate center. Are these local to you?
g011p
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stewart, Yes and no they are local but our other phones are 847. Do you know are thay planing to get any 847s or can I by numbers someplace else and just transfer to MJ?
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any inside info at YMAX and can't speak for them. They have said that number porting is a priority for them and would expect it to be implemented in the next couple of months. I would very much doubt that they would get 847s in your rate center, unless they ran of out their allocation in 224 (presently 3000 numbers; I've no idea how many are already assigned) and the 847s happened to be available.
g011p
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart wrote:
I don't have any inside info at YMAX and can't speak for them. They have said that number porting is a priority for them and would expect it to be implemented in the next couple of months. I would very much doubt that they would get 847s in your rate center, unless they ran of out their allocation in 224 (presently 3000 numbers; I've no idea how many are already assigned) and the 847s happened to be available.

Well that is kind a bad news but number porting would be very cool function. Many thanks for your help.
pc_clone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 MJs on 847 Area Code Reply with quote

g011p wrote:

I know this is an old post but I thought I would update it so in the future people would know the answer. I work with phone systems in my professional life so I've dealt with this issue outside of MagicJack.

The probable reason there are no 847 numbers available in magicjack is because they are no longer assigning blocks of 847 numbers to the phone carriers. Some companies still have spare blocks they acquired and therefore are still assigning 847 numbers. However, if you try to get a decent block of numbers (say 50 to 100) for your phone system/carrier you will be given 224 witch is an overlay onto 847.

Many customers of mine get ticked off when we move them from a few lines to a trunk and get their new number blocks for them because they think we messed up. The truth is that almost no amount of pleading with the carriers will get you 847 blocks anymore because they are saving them for their 1-2 line customers to keep them happy.

Hope this helps, it's not a magicjack issue but an issue caused by the actual lack of numbers. I don't know what it is about this area but they didn't seem to think long term when they split 312 into 312 and 708. They should have broken it up all at that point but instead we went from 312 to 708 to 847 to 224 all within 10 years or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: