magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 Year Extension?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: 5 Year Extension? Reply with quote

I have hears several people mention a discounted 5 year extension. However, I don't see it anywhere. Link anyone?
lenagainster
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I read, I think it popped up during the initial sign up.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 5-year plan is discussed in Fatwallet forum:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/textthread.php?catid=18&threadid=815302&print=1

Basically when you buy a new MJ, you are offered to add additional 4 years of service for an additional $49.95
(beyond the first year of $39.95 + $6.95 shipping for MJ device). So for $39.95 + $6.95 + $49.95 = ~$97 total
for 5 years of MJ service. The image of the 5-year Platinum plan is here:

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magicjackintuj6.jpg

Last edited by LikeMagic on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlaninKY
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great deal of 5 years at that price. I ordered one yesterday to give to my Father as a gift on the 5 year deal. Hopefully it will come in a week or two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was your total charge for the MJ, p&H, and the 5yr upgrade?
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicJack $39.95
Five Year magicJack Renewal $49.95
Subtotal $89.90
Shipping $6.95
Tax $0
Total $96.85
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
msiam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a discussion with tech.. Dont really know if he even understood the question..It may even be the same as "soon". Who the hell knows at this point??

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'William'

William: Hello, how may I help you?

Michael: I haer that the extention for newbes is 5 yrs for $49 what about us older members?

Michael: How can we get our service extended for 5 yrs for $49.95?

Michael: Are yu there?

William: You can buy it and you will get the year

Michael: I have two MJs I want to exted for 5 yrs

William: Please buy it from the website

Michael: You dont understand ..do you??

Michael: I have 2 MJs already.. I want to extend the service on each for 5 yrs

William: Please wait while I check that for you.

William: Please wait for few more days and it will be available for the old members too.

Michael: thank you
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they do offer the 4-year extension for $49.95 in "a few days" to "old" members, as the CSR said, I wonder if they'll e-mail all "old" MJ owners with that offer. Anyone want to take the bet that the answer will be "no"?

If so, let's spread the word here and to anyone we know who now has an MJ to log on and go for it!

Al--

PS I'm still awaiting even one reply to my posting a day or so ago saying that the 911 yellow button on my softphone hasn't turned green yet, and is that a problem that the MJ office should be able to help with. Anyone?
saxman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just talked to tech and the guy said it was for new customers only-I'm going to write to Dan and find out
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current situation for current magicJack owners is
1 year renewal - $19.95
2 year renewal - $39.90
3 year renewal - $59.85

I guess I'll wait to renew in hopes to get the deal for new owners.
saxman please tell us what you find out!
saxman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will for sure. I sent him an email a little while ago and asked if that deal is only for new people. I'm new people. I ve had mine just over a month and was just billed 54 bucks 2 weeks ago. Had I known about the 5 year deal I would have jumped on it. Somehow I missed that one. It's still a great deal but hey-worth a shot. Moneys tight, gas is outrageous and every penny counts, so we'll see what happens. If we don't get the deal then all of us "MJ Vets" will just have to double up on the long distance calls just to make up for it! hahaha
onefast1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm actually getting the 5 year deal on your account. I paid for 5 yrs on both my MJ's and it is not reflected on my account. Ask tech and they say wait two weeks and it will be there... 4 weeks later and several text chats and still the account expires in 09? I would really be upset if this is bogus, the MJ is pretty sweet but the support SUCKS.
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onefast, they told me 3-5 days, its been about that but i havent checked. I will and let you know
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called them last night after posting my message here, they looked at whatever, and said I should wait 2-3 days more. Here we go again...................!!

Al--
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now current members still have only
1 year renewal - $19.95
2 year renewal - $39.90
3 year renewal - $59.85

Hopefully current users will get the better deal offer soon.
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will DEFINITELY do it! They WANT that infusion of capital from current members!
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this "trick" would work, but if MJ doesn't offer the $49.95 5-year renewal special for existing customers, it might be worth it to just order a new MJ as a "new customer" and pay the $49.95 extension. That's because you'd save $50 over the 5-year peiod on service ($50 special vs. $100 regular charge for 5-years) but only pay $39.95 for the second MJ cost. And that way you'd have a second MJ to use yourself on a second computer or as a third phone line at home, give to a relative as a gift, loan to a friend for their trips, etc.

Hmmm! Am I thinking this through right, and if so, is that a way to out-clever them?
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, don't forget that the $49.95 "5-yr platinum plan" is only a "4-yr extension" to the original MJ $39.95 purchase (1 yr service included) + $6.95 shipping.
So for existing MJ customers, buying another 4 years of service is only $79.95, $30 more than the "5-yr Platinum plan" (4-yr extension). You're not saving $50!!
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likemagic,

You're partly right. I forgot that its only a 4-year extension. But the cost isn't $30 more, it's only about $17 more for that full second phone and 5 years of service. $39.95 + 49.95 + 6.95 = $96.85 vs. $79.95 = $16.90. Still think it would be worth $17 to have a second MJ, even if it's just for the first year of dual service.

Al--
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afinegold wrote:
Likemagic,

You're partly right. I forgot that its only a 4-year extension. But the cost isn't $30 more, it's only about $17 more for that full second phone and 5 years of service. $39.95 + 49.95 + 6.95 = $96.85 vs. $79.95 = $16.90. Still think it would be worth $17 to have a second MJ, even if it's just for the first year of dual service.

Al--

I'm 100% right in what I said. What I said was that existing MJ customer would pay $80 for 4yr extension vs $50 for a new customer special deal (5y platinum plan or 4yr extension) thus $30 more. I didn't compare to anything about getting a new MJ device, you did!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afinegold wrote:
Likemagic,

Al--

$17 PLUS the risk for each of the five years that MJ stays in business AND that nothing better will come down the road over those five years. I AM NOT implying anything. I LIKE my MJ. But, anyone considering a five year investment should at least consider the above points.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very true. MJ USB device & MJ service are still buggy so I wouldn't commit to any long-term plan, even at a good discount Laughing
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how you can only look at the difference in cost with considering what you get for that cost. You get another phone and service! You seem to be forgetting or ignoring that. You can't do that. (Actually you can, because you did it! But that makes you wrong, not right.)

In any event, discussion over.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you think does not matter to me. I know I'm 100% correct in what I said. You're right in what you said, that's your opinion Laughing Laughing Laughing
msiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys just sent me over the edge.. I'm loosing my mind with all this calculating.. Shocked Very Happy Laughing
onefast1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a code in my e-mail today to apply the 5 year upgrade to my account. They updated the Account Info section of the my.magicjack.com account page with a section to enter the code. All set now.
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onefast, did you have to wait a while until your account showed the 4 year extension date? Ive tried my code about a dozen times over the last couple of hours and it doesnt seem to want to "take"? Did yours update fairly quickly? Mine still shows the 2009 date.

Al--
msiam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you guys get the code for the upgrade? Did you request it? Is it for existing members?
Was this a left over April 1 joke or prank.. Did I just get had the day after???

Last edited by msiam on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
saxman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSIAM,
And if ya get it, upload to Mininova and all other p2p sites!!!lol-(wel'll get that free deal!)
onefast1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afinegold wrote:
onefast, did you have to wait a while until your account showed the 4 year extension date? Ive tried my code about a dozen times over the last couple of hours and it doesnt seem to want to "take"? Did yours update fairly quickly? Mine still shows the 2009 date.

Al--

The first time I tried it on my mac using safari and the page just refreshed and it didnt update. I tried it on my XP machine and had to enable pop-ups to get it to update. Once I enabled the popup it updated instantly and reflected the upgrade. Now good till 2013! WooHoo ... I guess.
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks onefast1,

I hadn't noticed the yellow popup blocker bar at the top of my Vista screen until you mentioned it. Clicked on it first, then the update went thru instantly, like you said. Yes!!! 2013!!! Great. I hope too.

Many many thanks for the tip. Not sure I'd have ever spotted that damn bar up on top without 'ya.

Al--
mjscott
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here. Just got my email today with the code...went to update it...wouldn't do it until i allowed popups...then it worked no problem.
HelixMan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Five Year Platinum Plan Reply with quote

Have you check with your bank, to see if they charge your card now, not 30 days like they said they charge my card before I had MJ to try. Read my forum HelixMan.
Yes, Five Year Platinum Plan was in where you sign up for MJ. And it said that I will 30 days before I will be bill. NOT
They said I will charge $96.85 after 30 days and why did they charge me now $49,95? That should be $39.95 plus $6.95 for shipping. You can't talk to them that if you are talking to them. And what with this 30 days start when they ship it out?

Thank You...
Stephen
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helix,

What I understood is that they would charge $39.95 for the MJ and $6.95 for the shipping after 30 days, but at least on my purchase they charged the $49.95 Platinum 4-year extension when I purchased it with the MJ. I don't mind that, but I'm wondering how long it will take them to refund the $49.95 if someone tells them that they don't want the MJ within 30 days, and return it. I'll bet 8-12 weeks or more. And that's assuming they refund the $49.95 at all!

Anybody have either more information or a different view than mine?

Al--
HelixMan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afinegold wrote:
Helix,

What I understood is that they would charge $39.95 for the MJ and $6.95 for the shipping after 30 days, but at least on my purchase they charged the $49.95 Platinum 4-year extension when I purchased it with the MJ. I don't mind that, but I'm wondering how long it will take them to refund the $49.95 if someone tells them that they don't want the MJ within 30 days, and return it. I'll bet 8-12 weeks or more. And that's assuming they refund the $49.95 at all!

Anybody have either more information or a different view than mine?

Al--

Hi, it should be 5 years not 4 years for Platinum Plus.
See they took yours out before 30 days.
That a good deal keep it ask them for one more years you pay for it.
Now watch them so they do not take it out again for $96.85.
You have a free year when you purchase MJ.
Have you chat with them yet.

Thank You...
Stephen
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Platinum Plus is called a 5-year program but it's only a 4 year extension. The first year is part of the $39.95 you get automatically when you buy the MJ unit. So you only get a total of 5 years with both the MJ 1-year and the 4-year extension. I know that's true because I already have it and they have changed my expiration date to 2013, not 2014, in my account records.
HelixMan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afinegold wrote:
No, Platinum Plus is called a 5-year program but it's only a 4 year extension. The first year is part of the $39.95 you get automatically when you buy the MJ unit. So you only get a total of 5 years with both the MJ 1-year and the 4-year extension. I know that's true because I already have it and they have changed my expiration date to 2013, not 2014, in my account records.

Check your order: see mine.

Qty Item Description Price Ea Total Price Charge Date
----- -------------------------------------------------- ---------- ------------- -----------
1 30 Day magicJack Trial 39.95 39.95 04/18/2008
1 Five Year Platinum Preferred Plan 49.95 49.95 03/19/2008
1 Shipping & Handling 6.95 6.95 04/18/2008
--------------------------
ORDER TOTAL: $96.85

They told me they will not count the first year. And I pay for my 5 years already.
I got 5 email last nite with my code on each one.

Good Luck
Stephen
afinegold
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilixman,

When you try your code you will see that you only get a 4 year extension -- they DO count the first year as part of the 5 years, even if one of their CSRs told you they dont. All you will get is 5 years total -- to 2013--not 6 years total from now to 2014. Look and you'll see. Since I already have mine, and so do other people posting here, I know what I'm saying is true.

What the MJ company calls their Five Year Platinum Preferred Plan means 1 year that comes with the basic MJ purchase of $39.95, plus 4 more years (ie, a 4-year extension of that 1 year) for $49.95, for a total of five years. I know its misleading to call it a Five Year Plan, but technically they are not lying to you, since they don't actually say that you get 5 more years, they only say you get five years.

Good luck to you too.

Al--
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxman wrote:
I will for sure. I sent him an email a little while ago and asked if that deal is only for new people. I'm new people. I ve had mine just over a month and was just billed 54 bucks 2 weeks ago. Had I known about the 5 year deal I would have jumped on it. Somehow I missed that one. It's still a great deal but hey-worth a shot. Moneys tight, gas is outrageous and every penny counts, so we'll see what happens. If we don't get the deal then all of us "MJ Vets" will just have to double up on the long distance calls just to make up for it! hahaha

Did the man respond to your email on the 5-year deal for existing MJ customers? Please share your info Laughing
tosaid
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me or PM me how to get that 5 years code please.

Thank you in advance.
fallbrookdave
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Dan's response to 5 Year plan. Reply with quote

My email I sent Dan:

Dan, I greatly appreciate the product and your time today to read my email. I was hoping the 5 year offer would carry through the 30 day trial, but I see I may have missed the offer now. After trying the product, I can see it is something I am going to want to use, would you mind offering trial users a second chance at purchasing the 5 year offer? Seems like that would be beneficial for everyone.

Dan's response:

we will be offering real soon,it was kind of a BETA

Dan
gary

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is now a 4 year renewal option for $49.95 (my.magicjack.com). Exclamation
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. Very cool! It took them a while but MJ did follow through on existing users' request:

ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Your license is active through ........
Extend by 4 years - $49.95
Extend by 1 year - $19.95
Extend your License [click]

2yr & 3yr extensions were removed Laughing

Last edited by LikeMagic on Fri May 02, 2008 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just upgraded my MJ account to extend by 4 years for $49.95. The extended license date is updated instantly, no code was needed. Kudos to MJ Very Happy
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news as my renewals are due in June! When I get home from the office, I'll upgrade my 3 computers to the 4 year deal!! I got my dad the 5 year deal when I ordered his Jack and he loves magicJack! Razz
fareal
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikeMagic wrote:
I just upgraded my MJ account to extend by 4 years for $49.95. The extended license date is updated instantly, no code was needed. Kudos to MJ Very Happy

Is the four or five year plan still available to existing customers? I just ordered today and my order automatically submitted and I didn't get a chance to select the five year plan during this signup. I am wondering if I will have the chance once I setup my account?
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, once you recieve your magicjack and set it up you will be able to purchace an extended licence at http://my.magicjack.com ... I suggest you try it out first, and see if it's for you.
ktg
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed in the first post that the platinum 5 year extension also includes free international calls. Is that also applicable to the 4 year extension that you guys recently bought? How did you contact support as I cannot find an email to get to them as I want to ask about the 5 year plan. thanks.
ktg
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, btw, anyone know how I can still get this at the $49.95 rate as i do not see it at this price on my account. i saw a previous post that a forum member (sorry cannot scroll back to check) actually was able to email their office to inquire about this. Could you kindly email them again please as it would benefit quite a few members here who wants to upgrade.
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, at the time of this post you only have two options:

-Extend by 4 years - $59.95
-Extend by 1 year - $19.95

Sign in at my.magicjack.com and look under "ACCOUNT INFORMATION".
Then click on the "Extend your Licence" button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: