magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

815 updating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holmzee
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: 815 updating Reply with quote

I was told today that engineers are updating the system is that what everyone is being told. I am in my 30 day trial and not happy so far. I have a dial tone but cant make calls with telephone can only make calls with soft phone on computer but when dialing the actual phone it wont break through the dial tone. I tried a A/C powered hub and that didnt work either, looks like my MJ will be returned. Does anyone have a fix?
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holmzee,

Not to be patronizing but you have tried it with another phone haven't you?

PS - Not that it is not true, who knows but they tell everyone that the Engineers are updating the system and it will be working SOON. Laughing

Last edited by HolmanGT on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
holmzee
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I have tried 3 different phones
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holmzee wrote:
yes I have tried 3 different phones

OH - drats, I figured you say that. So now that leave us with your USB ports maybe not having enough power or some thin not quite right in you computer.

1. I s there a friend that would be willing to let you try it on their machine?

2. Do you have a powered USB hub that you could try the MJ with?

3. There is one other possibility that your audio is not set up right. On occasion when you install MJ it fowls up the audio configuration. Go into the control panel and double click the sound icon. Go to the Audio Tab and there are three settings. Two that you need to look at are the default play back and the default Recording device. Make sure that these are both set to your default audio card and not anything that says MagicJack or Tigerjet. Now do the same thing for the Voice Tab.

Let us know how this step 3 goes for you? I would be very curios. Also when these are set wrong you will get complaints from people that your audio level seem low.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: