magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

911 is yellow instead of green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowigloo
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: 911 is yellow instead of green Reply with quote

911 is yellow instead of green then when i put the cursor over it it says pending
TOF
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 911 is yellow instead of green Reply with quote

snowigloo wrote:
911 is yellow instead of green then when i put the cursor over it it says pending

Yep, I noticed that also. Two other things standout for me today:

1. MJ has apparently resolved the "Favorites" poling in IE7/WinXP SP2. I used Perfmon and got no bumps plus I watched TaskManager and saw no activity unless I dialed. That's a step forward that I may have missed previously.

2. Only the one Ad about LA numbers soon and change your # has been on for about 45 minutes.

Surprised
ChuckIL
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to be related to a 911 address authentication system.

idahojoec
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced the yellow 911 also. Used to work fine but in the last day or so it has gone yellow. Also when I pick up the phone the MJ screen no longer pops to the top. It used to become center screen as soon as I lifted the phone. I tried to contact technical support but no luck. I hope this does not mean the end of MJ.
garybritt
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOF, my experience regarding polling doesn't match yours. Its still consuming excessive CPU time (i.e. anything greater than 0 is excessive when the program is minimized and idle). I minimize the amount of time consumed by not having any IE Favorites at all, but even that only drops average consumed CPU time to around .5 to 1 percent per second.

Gary
TOF
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garybritt wrote:
TOF, my experience regarding polling doesn't match yours. Its still consuming excessive CPU time (i.e. anything greater than 0 is excessive when the program is minimized and idle). I minimize the amount of time consumed by not having any IE Favorites at all, but even that only drops average consumed CPU time to around .5 to 1 percent per second.

Gary

Yes you are correct. Today when I fired it up and checked, the poling was back! This after changing the number. Also the yellow 911 indicator is still there and although I haven't timed it a different ad (voice mail one) has rotated in.

Oh well, I'll trade the poling price for the new number. Cool
garybritt
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I successfully changed the numbers on my two magicjacks today. That made the yellow light for 911 go away for me.

Hopefully they will fix the polling. They definitely know its an issue based on comments made by me and others on the old board.

Gary
OldNuc
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have done nothing to the number and the yellow button is now green this AM.
snowigloo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is still yellow
TOF
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldNuc wrote:
Have done nothing to the number and the yellow button is now green this AM.

My 911 indicator also shows Green this morning and indicates it has been authenticated.
Wink
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magicJack I'm using right now at the office is yellow and I have done nothing with the number. Sad
Hopefully it will be green soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaninKY wrote:
The magicJack I'm using right now at the office is yellow and I have done nothing with the number. Sad

FWIW, a discussion with MJ support yesterday about the yellow 911 yielded a "they are aware that *some* have the yellow 911 and it should be fixed in 1-2 days"

We are all aware of the reliability of their estimates so take it with a grain of salt! Wink
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaninKY wrote:

All three of my magicJacks are now Green! Celebration!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seattlecard
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have an emergency, the last thing I am going to depend on is my magicjack. Doesn't work half the time anyway...
snowigloo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlecard wrote:
If I have an emergency, the last thing I am going to depend on is my magicjack. Doesn't work half the time anyway...

Still would be nice to have just in case someone broke in your house and you were trapped in the room where your magicjack phone was and you forgot your cell phone out in the car that night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: