magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sligg
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: 911 Reply with quote

911 button is yellow, when does it turn green?
HendersonMike
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

................. when the mold sets in ...............................................
bugmenot01
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: 911 Reply with quote

Mine has been yellow since June 24th
bneuman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Magicjack Knowledge Base
Quote:
We validate each of the civic locations that have been entered for your magicJack� by using the phone display on your computer.

Any red location shown is a US location that our 911 provider could not identify. Click on the red light in http://my.magicJack.com to fix the information.

Any black location shown is a non-US location. If a non-US location is selected, no services will respond if you dial 911. You don't need to change these; they are shown for your information.

Any yellow location shown is a location that has not yet been verified. Verification can take a few days some times.

One of my MagicJacks has been yellow for about 3 weeks....

bill
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been addressed before, but does anyone know how to test 911 without actually making a call. I just called the local PD and they were clueless. I called a friend whose father is a retired fireman and she didn't know either.

I did an internet search an some cities offer a number to call and set an appointment time to test 911 calls, but I couldn't find anything for Long Beach, CA.
HendersonMike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman, wait till about 10:00 am your time and call the 911 and tell them that it is not an emergency call but you are configuring a new phone and want to make sure it works. Ask them if your address shows up. Then thank them. Make the call short as possible.
That's what I used to do when I got a new phone and entered 911 into speed-dial.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HendersonMike... thanks for the tip. Still makes me nervous, though. I get the feeling these guys deal with a lot of knuckleheads on a pretty routine basis. I plan on sending a letter to the Mayor, Chief of Police, etc. requesting they look into providing this as a service.

Couldn't find it readily this a.m. but I saw an article where a city in Indiana provided a number to call and arrange a phone appointment to test your 911 number. IMO, with VoIP as the future, it only makes sense.

I thought the following article was interesting: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/45995-37-article-call-test-phone
bugmenot01
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: 911 Went Green Reply with quote

911 went green today - July 14th

So it took them from june 24th until today to figure my location out.

I still haven't tested it because I'm not sure how to set up that appointment and I find little info on the net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: