magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Fix for no sound in Vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsuds
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: A Fix for no sound in Vista Reply with quote

OK I have found a fix for this.

My problem was I could dial out but I could not hear anything after that (I could hear the dial tone)

The person I was calling could hear me but I could not hear them.

Go to Control panel/Hardware and Sound/Manage Audio Devices/Handset/Properties/Levels

The handset was disabled, click on it to enable and problem was solved

Now if someone can please tell me how to fix the loud Tone and or disconnect every 10 min I will be happy.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: A Fix for no sound in Vista Reply with quote

bsuds wrote:
My problem was I could dial out but I could not hear anything after that (I could hear the dial tone). The person I was calling could hear me but I could not hear them.

Go to Control panel/Hardware and Sound/Manage Audio Devices/Handset/Properties/Levels

The handset was disabled, click on it to enable and problem was solved

How does that differ from going into the softphone's Menu->Volume/Headset control? A choice exists there to choose the handset.

(I'm not using Vista, the USB device nor a handset. I can't see what you do.).

Mark
bsuds
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The handset was selected there.
Everything appeared OK but I could not hear the person at the other end. I went thru all the troubleshooting BS with MJ's support and nothing worked till I found this.
johnmc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting the same thing after resetting the software on the usb.
handset is enabled and has volume, but there is absoulty no sound during the call, have dialtone and the dialpad shows call going out.

I can not, I repeat, can not change the menu settings to handset and it stay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: