Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A local number in Tahiti and South East Asia! Gotta love it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nealn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: A local number in Tahiti and South East Asia! Gotta love it

Very Happy Ordered an MJ on trial - worked awesome - call quality better than my Cox home service. Reason I went to MJ was I received a joke of a phone bill $187 from Cox - ALL the calls were made to locations less than 50 miles away, in state. Sooo, my search for a cost effective phone service began. I had bought Skype - call quality stunk to the point that I just quit using it, that coupled with the fact I had to use THEIR phone equipment ( or equioment certified to work on Skype) also, it wouldn't interface with my VoiceLogic home PBX - well, does anyone want to buy a slightly used Linksys CIT200?? Laughing Found and bought a MJ. Next step - my brother travels alot, I lent him my first MJ, and ordered a second one. He set's it up as a Bluetooth device, changes the MJ to "Headset - other" and WiFi's where ever he's at - or plugs into a local RJ-45. Wa La - dial tone. Worked great in Sout East Asia and his latest was from Tahiti. Hotel calls to the US are $18.40 / min. If your a local, it's like $6.20. You buy blocks of highspeed WiFi for $2.00 for a 2 hour block - works out to 1.6 cents / min. Call quality was the best. Several of the Hotel (Intercontinental) employees including some management people called from it, and couldn't believe the quality and cost. As soon as I can port my home number over, Cox can kiss my Cox (service) goodbye! I'm running MJ 24/7 off an old Sony Viao laptop - consumes about 15 watts at 18 volts DC - close to no power consumption. I then feed the MJ RJ11 into my VoiceLogic 2 line x 6 extension home PBX - works awesome. Well, If you can't tell I'm totally thrilled, then read again! BTW - setup for both MJ's was a breeze, almost too easy. I'm still waiting for the catch. Razz
emoci
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A local number in Tahiti and South East Asia! Gotta love

nealn wrote:
Very Happy Ordered an MJ on trial - worked awesome - call quality better than my Cox home service. Reason I went to MJ was I received a joke of a phone bill $187 from Cox - ALL the calls were made to locations less than 50 miles away, in state. Sooo, my search for a cost effective phone service began. I had bought Skype - call quality stunk to the point that I just quit using it, that coupled with the fact I had to use THEIR phone equipment ( or equioment certified to work on Skype) also, it wouldn't interface with my VoiceLogic home PBX - well, does anyone want to buy a slightly used Linksys CIT200?? Laughing Found and bought a MJ. Next step - my brother travels alot, I lent him my first MJ, and ordered a second one. He set's it up as a Bluetooth device, changes the MJ to "Headset - other" and WiFi's where ever he's at - or plugs into a local RJ-45. Wa La - dial tone. Worked great in Sout East Asia and his latest was from Tahiti. Hotel calls to the US are $18.40 / min. If your a local, it's like $6.20. You buy blocks of highspeed WiFi for $2.00 for a 2 hour block - works out to 1.6 cents / min. Call quality was the best. Several of the Hotel (Intercontinental) employees including some management people called from it, and couldn't believe the quality and cost. As soon as I can port my home number over, Cox can kiss my Cox (service) goodbye! I'm running MJ 24/7 off an old Sony Viao laptop - consumes about 15 watts at 18 volts DC - close to no power consumption. I then feed the MJ RJ11 into my VoiceLogic 2 line x 6 extension home PBX - works awesome. Well, If you can't tell I'm totally thrilled, then read again! BTW - setup for both MJ's was a breeze, almost too easy. I'm still waiting for the catch. Razz

If that VoiceLogic PBX has SIP Support, you can take the computer out of the equation completely..... Very Happy
nealn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject:

The VoiceLogic is a bit old and no longer made. I don't Believe it has sip support. Hell, I don't even knoe waht SIP is for that matter. I originally set up the VoiceLogic because I had a step-daughter from hell on the phone - I was getting calls at all hours. Soooo, got the voice logic, and A) it had an autoattendant, B) only the extention dailed rang C) I could program it to shut down STFH (Step-daughter from hell) dial in / out times. I only really would like to keep an auto-attendant and 4 extensions capability - any ideas would be gladly appreciated!
Neal
nealn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject:

The VoiceLogic is a bit old and no longer made. I don't Believe it has SIP support. Hell, I don't even know what SIP is for that matter. I originally set up the VoiceLogic because I had a step-daughter from hell on the phone - I was getting calls at all hours. Soooo, got the voice logic, and A) it had an autoattendant, B) only the extention dailed rang C) I could program it to shut down STFH (Step-daughter from hell) dial in / out times. I only really would like to keep an auto-attendant and 4 extensions capability - any ideas would be gladly appreciated!
Neal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: