magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A news report on excessive usage..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: A news report on excessive usage.. Reply with quote

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/consumer&id=6941479

Really nothing we dont know already but the more bad publicity MJ gets the more it MIGHT behave, HA.....

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lcompton
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: A news report on excessive usage.. Reply with quote

Good afternoon.

Well done, Nydia Han. This report was made by Philadelphia's own ABC-owned WPVI.

I agree that magicJack has resorted to unethical business practices by failing to disclose the outbound call caps and failing to define their fair use policy in terms of actual minutes rather than some formula, which cannot possibly be accurately computed by customers.

I hope this kind of press coverage continues to out magicJack's unscrupulous behavior.

Nice find, bitstopjoe!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
I agree the more stuff like this comes out the better. UNLESS Dan says, screw it and we have a nice blue glowing dongle which does nothing BUT glow blue Smile

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
faithofgdod
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a ballpark figure of what is "excessive?" The story was fine, but is the lady talking 10 hours a day or 2? The reporting is so lazy it did not really clarify or even investigate in the least to see if the woman had used more than anyone would view as normal, or she was a true victim.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She did say all she could find out was from the TOS. They tried to contact Dan to get a more specfic excessive usage # but they were not sucessful!.
So all she had and all WE have is 20x normal usage. Of course MJ does not define "normal" usage. Which was her point ( and ours in this forum). I guess Dan likes it that way as it keeps the door open to whatever Dan decides it to be..

Joe Sica
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess Dan likes it that way as it keeps the door open to whatever Dan decides it to be..

That is why he does not care about publicity any more. But as long as the Ponzi scheme lasts let us enjoy the benefits.
Quote:
UNLESS Dan says, screw it and we have a nice blue glowing dongle which does nothing BUT glow blue

Yeah, that is one thing I am not sure about, whether it stays blue after he pulls the plug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: