magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A SULUTION FOR "ERROR 3002"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacksarig
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: A SULUTION FOR "ERROR 3002" Reply with quote

AFTER SPENDING WITH MJ PLUS TECHS 6 WHOLE HOURS AND MORE...
they tried resetting my BELKIN router and more ideas... NOTHING HELPED!
I came up with my own idea.I added on an old LINKSYS G WIRELESS I had in my junk box...
I added it to one of the ports of the BELKIN and plugged the Ethernet cable from the MAGICJACK PLUS Ddirectly to LINKSYS port, guess what?...BINGO it WORKS! NO MORE ERRORS...one problem....the volume is too low...hope to solve it too...
GOOD LOCK TO ALL!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [/b]
IvanJ
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Solution for "Error 3002" Reply with quote

I too have a belkin router. I just disabled my MAC Code Addressing Filter to get it working. I then went to the DHCP Client List and got the MAC Code. (Found under (null) with MAC Code) I added it to my Address Filter List and enabled the filtering. Everything worked.
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: A SULUTION FOR "ERROR 3002" Reply with quote

wrote:
AFTER SPENDING WITH MJ PLUS TECHS 6 WHOLE HOURS AND MORE...
they tried resetting my BELKIN router and more ideas... NOTHING HELPED!
I came up with my own idea.I added on an old LINKSYS G WIRELESS I had in my junk box...
I added it to one of the ports of the BELKIN and plugged the Ethernet cable from the MAGICJACK PLUS Ddirectly to LINKSYS port, guess what?...BINGO it WORKS! NO MORE ERRORS...one problem....the volume is too low...hope to solve it too...
GOOD LOCK TO ALL!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [/b]

jacksarig, would you mind telling me the Belkin port where you added the magicJack plus? Smile Really not sure how to do it. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kerroj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Error code 3002 Reply with quote

I got this problem today and fixed it after googling the error code. What worked for me is unplugging both the modem and the router, wait about 20 seconds, then plug the modem in first and wait for most of the lights to come back on. Then plug in the router and wait for all the lights to come back on. Voila! My MJ+ is working again! Hope this helps someone else with the same problem.
Kerroj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Error code 3002 Reply with quote

I should have added that I first tried unplugging the MJ+ from the power strip which did not work. I also tried plugging in another power unit adapter (thinking it failed like my last one) which also did not work.
UmarTO
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: SOLUTION FOUND Reply with quote

This is a common problem with MJ+ it seems from a quick google search. I faced the same issue again and again and tried a bunch of things. I did a few things which resolved the issue (though I am not exactly sure which did it). I will list them in reverse order... please try the first one and if that doesnot work out please go to setup 2, etc. Leaving applied what you did in step 1. (ie: I right now have all the things done and so not sure even if they work in combination- ie: multiple issues).

STEP 1: MJ has shipped a cheap USB adapter. But any decent USB adapter from any where (you dont need to spend a fortune. Any 5$ to 10$ adapter should do. I used one that was lying around in the house. Some people even report that this improves the sound quality in the MJ+ and reduces the random noise. I am not too sure of that part as I don't use MJ+ much. If this doesn't do the trick move to step 2; leave MJ+ connected via the new adapter.

STEP 2: MJ has shipped a very slim Ethernet cable with apparently untwisted wires susceptible to EMI. Who knows may be rest of the wires near the MJ+ were interfering with the data transmission. Connect any regular Ethernet cable from router to MJ+. I had a patch cable lying around that I used. If that doesn't work move to step 3, leaving this and previous steps done.

STEP 3: Some people claimed that at times the router block certain MAC (firewall) and that causes that problem. That was not the case for me, but I do have MAC authentication enabled on my Wifi router so I added the MJ+ MAC to the list of allowed devices. Its MAC begins with 6C:... Look through routers logs to find it or google for help on how to find MJ+ MAC. DO NOT GO to MJ+ support. They have clueless homeless indians sitting there for support (no offence to indians - I am one too). So they are bound to confuse you even more. Do not seek MJ+ support help... other users will be more knowledgeable.

STEP 4: Some people claim this issue happens when your MJ+ does not get a static IP address. So assign a static IP from the range available to router DHCP. Tell it to assign the device with MAC 6C:xxxxxxxxx the IP address XXXXXX. I know this was not the issue for me as well because one I got error 3002 and I checked the IP address that the MJ+ had at that time and it was the same it had since so many days. (Yes I had done yet another thing, turned the DHCP lease to 30 days instead of the default of certain hours.)

STEP 5: One thing to do also is to increase the DHCP lease in router settings to make sure its not changing too quickly for the MJ+.

STEP 6: Yet somewhere else I saw people insisted that we use a static IP that is out of router DHCP address range (which doesn't make any sense as the static IP was already marked as exclusion under DHCP setting and dedicated to my MJ+ for assignment -- but hey who is arguing. At this point I was so desperate I could try any thing).

STEP 7: Yet again some people said you have to push the MJ+ via MJ site to use the static IP. They said to fix that there is this way (though some people claim that doesnt work - I am not sure if it does but whats the harm in trying?). Go to http://my.magicjack.com/ and login in. Then under "Call Features" menu dropdown select "Advanced".Under Static Configuration uncheck Use DHCP and type in an IP Address which is not from the range available to your router DHCP. I used the following settings:

Use DHCP (unchecked)
IP Address= x.x.x.201
Subnet Mask= 255.255.255.0
Gateway IP=x.x.x.1
Broadcast IP (optional)=x.x.x..255
DNS Server 1=x.x.x.1
DNS Server 2 (optional)=8.8.8.8

So in simple words I am telling MJ to use 201 (because my router assigns DNS from the range 2 to 200), and to talk to Gateway and DNS (both is the router IP address) and finally I used the Google DNS 8.8.8.8 as the optional DNS2; in case my ISP messed up their DNS etc. Use your own relevant IP addresses please.

STEP 8: Some people correctly advised that check for loose connections. Many times the outlets/extension bar is so crowded with the adapters that some of them are loosely connected. Make sure you have firm connection.

STEP 9: I know this is not a solution, but its the first every one told me... restart everything. It is at the very least a temporary solution.

STEP 10: If nothing works for you (which I highly doubt), there is only one thing left to do. Carefully take MJ+ to the nearest freeway and properly lay it in path of an oncomming truck. The satisfaction of shredding it would be worth it! (if nothing else seems to work for you)
***DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A JOKE AND I AM NOT ADVOCATING ANY SUCH ACTION AND NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU END UP DIEING AS YOU WERE NOT FAST ENOUGH TO MOVE AWAY FROM ONCOMMING TRUCK OR IF YOU ARE BLINDED BY FLYING SPLINTER OR WHATEVER. ALSO WHILE THIS GUIDE MIGHT SOUND OTHERWISE I AM NOT UNGRATEFUL TO MJ. THOUGH MJ+ IS NOT THE BEST AND SUPPORT IS POOR, YET IT HAS SAVED ME FROM RIDICULUS CHARGES JUST FOR A HOME PHONE"

All the best. If it works (which I am 99% sure it will) just remember me in your prayers and well wishes.

Cheers

Umar
chris99
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Nothing works--any more ideas? Reply with quote

Umar,

I've tried all these steps (summary below) and none worked. I've got a Belkin N300 Wireless N Router and even got the Magic Jack "techie" to say the MJP doesn't work with my router (after more than six hours of troubleshooting). I even called the Belkin tech support and they said I needed to set up a static IP address for the MJP, which I did on the my.magicjack.com webpage and it didn't work (I designated a static IP address and it still changes). The MJ techie said I can't set a static IP address with the MJP combined with a wireless router, but I doubt his expertise. The only way I'm getting it to work right now is connecting an old router to my Belkin, which isn't ideal. Any other ideas?

STEP 1: I tried another USB AC adapter...

STEP 2: I tried another ethernet cord (and phone cord, and phone, etc.)...

STEP 3: I even disabled my firewall and it still didn't work. I set up MAC filtering, port forwarding, and DMZ to no avail...

STEP 4: I plugged in the current IP address showing for the MJP and no dice...

STEP 5: My DHCP lease is set to "forever."

STEP 6: I tried a static IP address that was inside the DHCP range (per Belkin tech support).

STEP 7: I did this and the IP address still changes...

STEP 8: Connections are good.

STEP 9: I restarted everything a million times. The MJP works great with my modem and computer, but not connected directly to my router.

STEP 10: This is the only step I have left to try!

Chris
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriss99 - If you've set your Belkin router to assign your MJ+ (I *assume* you're talking about a MJ+ that's connected directly to the router via Ethernet and is not plugged into a pc's USB port) and it STILL keeps assigning it different IP addresses (this is what you seem to be saying in your post), then your problem is CLEARLY with that router and/or its settings and not your MJ+.

In the router setting wherein you've set it to consistently assign the same IP address to the MJ+, make SURE you've entered the MJ+'s MAC ID correctly; TRIPLE-check it to make sure. I also strongly recommend that you check to make sure that the router's firmware is fully up-to-date and update it as necessary as per the manufacturer's instructions.

If you do all of this and it still keeps assigning the MJ+, you've got a defective router.
chris99
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
Chriss99 - If you've set your Belkin router to assign your MJ+ (I *assume* you're talking about a MJ+ that's connected directly to the router via Ethernet and is not plugged into a pc's USB port) and it STILL keeps assigning it different IP addresses (this is what you seem to be saying in your post), then your problem is CLEARLY with that router and/or its settings and not your MJ+.

In the router setting wherein you've set it to consistently assign the same IP address to the MJ+, make SURE you've entered the MJ+'s MAC ID correctly; TRIPLE-check it to make sure. I also strongly recommend that you check to make sure that the router's firmware is fully up-to-date and update it as necessary as per the manufacturer's instructions.

If you do all of this and it still keeps assigning the MJ+, you've got a defective router.

Steve,

You've assumed correctly that my MJ+ is connected via ethernet to the router. When it is plugged into the computer or directly to the modem, it works fine--so I know the problem isn't with the MJ. The problem is my router does not have the capability to assign a permanent IP address to devices such as the MJ+ (confirmed by Belkin tech support and by me searching through the router page menus/submenus). Even the old D-link router I'm currently linking to the Belkin has that capability! I've had a lot of problems with Belkin and I'm not going to buy anything else from them in the future.

What I have tried to do is assign a static IP address from the my.magicjack.com account under advanced settings. However, that still does not keep the router from assigning the MJ+! I was curious if anyone here might have any other ideas so I don't have to run two routers. Maybe the MJ techie was right and my router is the only one MJ+ won't work with...Doh!

Chris
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriss99 - The DHCP setting on the MJ account website was not intended to do what you seem to think it was for - that would not be possible, as each router brand/model has its own unique settings menu structure. It was intended for something else but even that hasn't been implemented by MJ yet.

There is no solution to your problem other than to continue to use that second router, or to simply buy a new one.

BTW - the lack of that router's ability to assign "static" ip addresses to devices connected to it is probably not the source of your difficulties, btw - the MJ should work correctly with it anyway. But it doesn't, which indicates to me that there is something else wrong with that router beyond simply the lack of that feature; that's why I believe you actually have a *defective* router. But you'll never know for sure if you don't at least check to make sure that the router's firmware is up-to-date.
chris99
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
Chriss99 - The DHCP setting on the MJ account website was not intended to do what you seem to think it was for - that would not be possible, as each router brand/model has its own unique settings menu structure. It was intended for something else but even that hasn't been implemented by MJ yet.

There is no solution to your problem other than to continue to use that second router, or to simply buy a new one.

BTW - the lack of that router's ability to assign "static" ip addresses to devices connected to it is probably not the source of your difficulties, btw - the MJ should work correctly with it anyway. But it doesn't, which indicates to me that there is something else wrong with that router beyond simply the lack of that feature; that's why I believe you actually have a *defective* router. But you'll never know for sure if you don't at least check to make sure that the router's firmware is up-to-date.

I'll keep updating the firmware as updates become available (the router is only two months old and automatically checks for updates when I access the router page) and maybe one day the MJ will work with it... I wasn't sure if the MJ DHCP settings would do what I wanted, but I saw it on this website and others and figured it was worth a try. Even the Belkin techie I spoke to said I had to address that issue from the MJ side of things. She was the one who prompted me to try to assign a static IP address to the MJ because the port forwarding and DMZ settings on the router seem to require a static IP address. Thanks for the input.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris99 - Given that Belkins actually tend to work pretty well with MJ, I would also do the following but AFTER you check to make sure that its firmware is up-to-date:

Check your router's settings VERY carefully. It's very easy to inadvertently block a separately-connected device from connecting to it properly if you're not careful.

Check to see if you have filtering by MAC ID turned on. If you do make SURE that you have entered your MJ's MAC ID 100% correctly. If you have this feature enabled/turned on and the MAC ID appears to have been entered correctly, try turning this feature OFF and see if that resolves the problem.

If it doesn't resolve the problem, as a last resort try doing a COMPLETE, "hard" resetting of the router to its fresh-from-the-factory condition as per the manufacturer's instructions and see if THAT resolves the problem (do NOT mess with the router's settings AT ALL after resetting to factory defaults until *after* you check to see if your MJ device will now work correctly with it). If it now works correctly, go back into the router's settings menu system - using its web interface, NOT any set-up cd that may have come with it - and VERY CAREFULLY reset its settings to what you need them to be for your LAN's security purposes.
paulcf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: MJ+ is defective Reply with quote

I spent the better part of a day on chat sessions with MJ support. It was terrible. They 'hung' up on me. My MJ+ is only 2 months old and after spending time analyzing it, the tech says based on the serial number it is defective and I have to pay $15.04 for 'handling' fees to get a new FREE one sent to me! I told them I am handicapped and I NEED phone service, can I use my old MJ as interim till the replacement MJ+ arrives? No, they said. I have threatened them to go to every handicapped association in Canada and USA and expose their shoddy product, etc. This is plain disgusting.
RobinJohnson
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Thank you, Jack. Reply with quote

I too spent 6 hours with no dial tone on MJ+. Second router solved the problem. Very Happy
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: MJ+ is defective Reply with quote

paulcf wrote:
I spent the better part of a day on chat sessions with MJ support. It was terrible. They 'hung' up on me. My MJ+ is only 2 months old and after spending time analyzing it, the tech says based on the serial number it is defective and I have to pay $15.04 for 'handling' fees to get a new FREE one sent to me! I told them I am handicapped and I NEED phone service, can I use my old MJ as interim till the replacement MJ+ arrives? No, they said. I have threatened them to go to every handicapped association in Canada and USA and expose their shoddy product, etc. This is plain disgusting.

Did you buy your MJ from a store like Walmart etc, in that case take it back to the store for replacement or refund.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: