magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ad appears over MJ screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiOctane
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Ad appears over MJ screen Reply with quote

When starting MJ+,there is an ad appearing over MJ+ regular window saying "2009 Product of the Year".
If i hit X to close it,MJ closes at same time.I can move the ad screen,but cant go on MJ ,say to add a contact or else.Using Win7.
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look down in the lower right of your computer's display - is the "zoom" level set to 100% ?
HiOctane
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
Look down in the lower right of your computer's display - is the "zoom" level set to 100% ?

Ya,at 100 %.The ad appearing is same size at MJ+ regular window.I can move the ad and see part of MJ+ window ,but cant work on because the ad is the window on the top,closing the ad closes at same time MJ.The problem is not the size,but not be able to click on the MJ interface.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Sorry, please ignore my previous post - in my haste I forgot that the MJ softphone software doesn't really use your browser (at least as far as I know)!

At any rate, this is certainly a REALLY weird problem that I've never heard of before now. Sounds like a problem possibly related to your display settings (such as resolution or whatever). I doubt that MJ staff will be able to help you with such a problem and suggest that you check out your display and/or graphics settings and see if they're currently set to Windows' recommended settings (if they aren't, try changing to recommended settings; if they are, try altering them; etc.).

I suppose it *could* be the result of a faulty software download problem; you might want to try shutting down your pc, removing the MJ+ from the USB port, starting up the pc, uninstalling and deleting the MJ software, turning off your anti-virus program(s) and any pc-based firewall that you might have running, plugging the MJ+ back into the USB port to re-install the software, then re-start your anti-virus (and pc-based firewall, if you have it) software...

FYI, if you use your MJ+ as a "stand-alone" device connected directly to a router it will not make use of any stored contacts list.

Anybody else here have any other suggestions?
HiOctane
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running Wi Fi and i must add if i connect my laptop to the router with a wire,problem disappears,i can go on MJ window.I "spend almost a day" with different MJ techs,and after remove ,add,delete,moving files,the problem is still there.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiOctane wrote:
I am running Wi Fi and i must add if i connect my laptop to the router with a wire,problem disappears,i can go on MJ window.I "spend almost a day" with different MJ techs,and after remove ,add,delete,moving files,the problem is still there.

- Well, then your problem is even stranger than I thought LOL. Given what you just mentioned it's very possibly related to something within your particular *wireless* LAN setup - meaning your laptop's and/or router's wireless services... if I were you I'd at least check to make sure your router's firmware is up-to-date, that your laptop's OS and all of its device drivers are all up-to-date as well, and that you're completely free of viruses or other malware... running the Performance Information and Tools control panel *might* offer you some clues as to what's going on with your laptop. But you should also try getting rid of the MJ software on your laptop and reinstalling it in the manner that I mentioned before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: