magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Add 2 MJ to 1 computer? Would this trick work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiki
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Add 2 MJ to 1 computer? Would this trick work? Reply with quote

I've had the 'regular' MJ for a couple years.

I'd try this trick, but I haven't purchased a Plus yet.

Anyone mind sharing your opinions on if the following might work, please?

Note: For this.. I'm using a PC with multiple desktops / user accounts.

1) Take my regular MJ, connected direct to computer USB, and install it to 1 user account, instead of all accounts.

2) Take a MJ Plus, connected direct to router, and install it to a different user account.

I'm not even sure you can install MJ to specific accounts?.... though, I know I can with any other program / software.

If the 2 steps above work, it would 'seem' that 1 MJ would activate when I login to 1 user account -- and the other MJ would activate when I login to a different user account.

Am I way off base?

Thanks for any ideas Smile
kiki
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. This would be the hack I'd use.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-as-a-service-a-better-way-t1364.html
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiki wrote:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-as-a-service-a-better-way-t1364.html

You're only about 3 years too late.

Why not just use MJ+ connected to router, orig MJ in USB. This should fly without any but the 'normal' problems
kiki
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:
kiki wrote:

You're only about 3 years too late.

Why not just use MJ+ connected to router, orig MJ in USB. This should fly without any but the 'normal' problems

I got it working. Both are in USB. I designated 1 process per user account. Then, changed the advanced parameters in control panel - system - services - local.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: