Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Adding a port range in WinXP Pro Firewall (sp3)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackedin
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Adding a port range in WinXP Pro Firewall (sp3)

Hello,

Does anybody know of a way to add a port range in WinXP Firewall. I can add individual ports but it will not allow me to add a range. I'm I doing something wrong? Any help would be helpful and appreciated. I did a search and did not find this topic....

Thanks so much
Russell
fujifilm99
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Adding a port range in WinXP Pro Firewall (sp3)

jackedin wrote:
Hello,

Does anybody know of a way to add a port range in WinXP Firewall. I can add individual ports but it will not allow me to add a range. I'm I doing something wrong? Any help would be helpful and appreciated. I did a search and did not find this topic....

Thanks so much
Russell

Well, I looked too - and didn't find it either. And, I have a 1200 page book on Windows XP Pro.

Any decent firewall lets you do that, but this is Windows - so...

Assuming you want this for MagicJack, what you can do instead - is to add an exception for the program that wants the port range open.
It'll then allow the program to open the ports as needed.

Open the firewall. Go to "exceptions".

Browse to the location of the magicJack and add it.
On my system it was "C:\Documents and Settings\MagicJack\Application Data\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe"

Then, click edit it and just check that the scope is set to "any computer (including those on the internet)".

That's what I did (as I recalled after searching for it again first - of course!).
troyb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Firewall Ports

You only need to open two ports for MagicJack. UDP 5060 and 5070.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: