Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Additional Voicemail features

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subsystems
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Additional Voicemail features

One thing that is really lacking is the options for notification when a voicemail arrives. If I have MJ installed on my PC and I am not there, I would like to be notified that someone left me a message. Like a numeric or text page. Ideally it would page me with the caller id so I know who left the message.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Ever since I installed MJ in Aug of 2008 I ALWAYS get an email telling me I have a voice mail. In that email is an attachment of a wav file WITH the above mentioned message AS WELL AS the caller ID info.
I am not sure how much more you want.

IF you know you are not going to be near your PC just forward all calls to your MJ to your cell phone.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject:

I too get an email with a WAV file attached. I always have my inbound number forwarded to my POTS landline. Sun we had a call come in but the POTS line was busy and I couldn't believe it - the call rolled back to the MJ phone. I didn't pick it up in time but then I got email and listened to the WAV file. I was impressed that they would actually roll the call.
jbullman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Would like a beep notification on the phone

What I would really like is an indication of voice mail that I can get easily. I walk in the door and would like to be able to pick up the phone and get some beeps indicating there is voice mail. I hate having to call the voice mail, since I'm used to seeing a message machine blinking.

Of course, even better would be if the phone screen said there were messages, but I've no idea if that's technically possible.

BTW, it's perfectly reasonable for someone to want a text message or the like, because people carry their cell phones around and often do not have email access. And even if you have email access, the number of steps to check mail is too many compared to a cell phone beeping. Not to mention firewalls at work and the like.
jimisbell
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I discovered that if I am going to be gone, and the cell phone wont be with me then I can turn on my answering machine with one ring and it answers before the MJ answering machine does. I get all my messages when I come in by noticing the "Flashing light" that you mention. Works like a charm.

But if you have a cell phone, on which you would receive the text message, why not just forward the MJ to the cell phone, I dont see the big deal here. You cant get text messages unless you have a cell phone, so why not just receive the call???
murphy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Would like a beep notification on the phone

jbullman wrote:
Of course, even better would be if the phone screen said there were messages, but I've no idea if that's technically possible.

Hover your mouse pointer on the Vmail button and it will pop up a display that will tell you how many voice mail messages are waiting.
jbullman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Would like a beep notification on the phone

murphy wrote:
jbullman wrote:

Hover your mouse pointer on the Vmail button and it will pop up a display that will tell you how many voice mail messages are waiting.

Looks like I wasn't clear - I mean that if my telephone handset said there were messages it would be nice. A stutter dial tone would be second best. In my case I have to go upstairs to a back room to get to the PC that has MJ installed if I want to check the softphone. Not very convenient when you walk in the door and want to know if you have messages.
jimisbell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject:

This appears to be a non problem. Several solutions have been offered and none accepted. I ask again, WHY NOT JUST RECEIVE THE DAMNED CALLS SINCE YOU HAVE THE CELL PHONE IN YOUR POCKET anyway?

OR, move the damned computer downstairs.
OR, get a second computer and put it downstairs on a LAN.
OR, turn on the telephone answering machine on set to one ring to snatch the calls.
OR, just dont be in such a all fired hurry!!!

Life is too precious to rush by it so fast. You will get old fast enough without running headlong toward it. Stop and smell the roses.

Is this whole ridiculous thread possibly just a troll????
bpmdub
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject:

I am in the progress of swapping to Magic Jack from My Phone Company who I have been using for years one feature they had that would be nice for this is when you received a voicemail your phone would ring one time very briefly about once every 2 hours until it was checked
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I have an old caller id box with a little red light that flashes when we have received a call. It's an ok solution to easily see if you have received a call. If the light is flashing just check your voicemail. You can make checking your voicemail even easier by making your MJ number a speed dial call on your phone. If you would like a text message sent to your phone I know hotmail sends me a text everytime I get an email sent to that account. When I had the mobile web on my cell I would also get emails sent to me from my yahoo account.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Another option I just found is also with a gmail account. I forwarded my gmail account to my cell phone and I received a text within 2 minutes of leaving a test voicemail. It showed up as you have a new voicemail from and it gives the phone number.
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject:

I have an answering machine on my MJ line and it is set to answer after 3 rings. The MJ voicemail does not answer until the fourth ring. So when I return home, it is easy to see if there are any messages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: