magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After first incoming call goes straight to VM...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GutiCorp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: After first incoming call goes straight to VM... Reply with quote

MJ has been working good for me, but Ive noticed that when I recieve a call and I hang up, I cant recieve anymore calls until I restart the application. Anyone else have this problem?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your USB port is saving power to your USB root hub ports.
Either try a POWERED USB hub or adj your USB in device manager by unchecking the allow computer to turn off device to save power setting. Do this on ALL of the USB root hubs listed.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GutiCorp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked like a charm! Thanks!
cwswoman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: magicjack quits working after awhilw Reply with quote

My phone will work for a few minutes and then when someone calls it goes directly to voicemail . I chatted with magicjack and have done about everything . I am going crazy trying to figure this thing out.
sjbarden
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Phone does not ring Reply with quote

When I get a call, the phone does not ring....the calls go straight to voicemail. I have tried the powered USB hub and that does not help. The only time the phone will ring is right after an upgrade. I have spent hours chatting with the MJ people to no avail. Can anyone help?
cwswoman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Phone does not ring Reply with quote

[quote="sjbarden"]When I get a call, the phone does not ring....the calls go straight to voicemail. I have tried the powered USB hub and that does not help. The only time the phone will ring is right after an upgrade. I have spent hours chatting with the MJ people to no avail. Can anyone help?[/quote

I have also spent hours with magic jack trying everything possible and was told it was most likely my router making it do that. I guess we will have to live with it.
farfus
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine just started doing that, i know MJ has been patching a lot lately im sure it has something to do with that. All my calls go straight to voice mail now. I did uncheck the save power box in my device manager, see if that helps. As always thanks to the magic jack forum for its great members and help! I did just restart my app and my phone now rings, will keep a "ear" on this!
cwswoman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: no incoming calls Reply with quote

magic jack says it is my router and I dont' know how to change any of that ????
txcas
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: no incoming calls Reply with quote

cwswoman wrote:
magic jack says it is my router and I dont' know how to change any of that ????
Get the IP address of your MJ PC and configure that as the DMZ on your router. If MJ still does not work, go back to support because is has nothing to do with the router.
onecallplus
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the problem that all calls went to voice mail. My fix was to change the power management settings on my network adapter card to allow the LAN to bring the computer out of standby and to disable the power save feature to the network card. It was nice to hear the phone ring after three hours of trying to find a solution. Unfortunately the tech support people seem unaware of how the computer's networking settings affect the operation of this product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: