magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After start or reboot of the PC, MJ can not start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamven
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: After start or reboot of the PC, MJ can not start Reply with quote

After PC starts or reboots, MJ can not start.
The ONLY way to start MJ is to disconnect the MJ from USB port and connect agaun to the USB port and after that MJ starts.

This is inconvenience and boring.

Is there way MJ to start when the Computer starts or reboot without to disconnect and connect again MJ to the USB port.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a reboot, if you double-click the MJ desktop icon, does MJ start? Any error message?
kamven
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart wrote:
After a reboot, if you double-click the MJ desktop icon, does MJ start? Any error message?

When I rebbot, restart PC or turn on PC in the moning MJ does not start.
When I double click on the MJ Icon on the Desktop I see the Magic Jack picture and inside is written:
"Warning: You must plug magicJack into USB" (But the MJ is connected to the USB port and the blue light in the MJ divice is on.)
and after 20 sec. this Warning with the MJ picture disappear from the Desktop and is openned the Web page: http://www.magicjack.com/5/index.asp

Only after disconnecting MJ from the USB port and connecting MG again to the USB port (the same USB port)srart the software and after that everything is OK.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a reboot, are the MJ pseudo CD-ROM and USB disk drive present in My Computer?

If so, with MJ running ok, go into Device Manager and confirm that you can see the USB Internet Phone (under Sound ...), and the USB Human Interface Device (under Human ...). Now reboot. Are these devices still there? Shown as "working properly"?
kamven
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart wrote:
After a reboot, are the MJ pseudo CD-ROM and USB disk drive present in My Computer?

If so, with MJ running ok, go into Device Manager and confirm that you can see the USB Internet Phone (under Sound ...), and the USB Human Interface Device (under Human ...). Now reboot. Are these devices still there? Shown as "working properly"?

When MJ is working:
1. Pseudo CD-ROM and USB disk drive is present
2. In Device Manager under sound is present "USB Audio Device"
3. In Device Manager under Human is present "USB Human Interface Device"

After rooting:
1. Pseudo CD-ROM and USB disk drive is NOT present
2. In Device Manager under sound is NOT present "USB Audio Device"
3. In Device Manager entire Human folder is NOT present
4. Every 13 sec. the blue light in the MJ device is blinking and 1.5 sec after that the entire "Device Manager" is blinking.
5. After disconnecting MJ and conecting to the same USB port immidiatelly in "My Computer" appear Pseudo CD-ROM and USB disk drive and In Device Manager under sound appear "USB Audio Device" and In Device Manager appear entire Human folder
6. No more blinking blue light in the MJ device
7. Everythink is working OK
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that none of the MJ devices function after a reboot, I'm guessing that the USB powers up at a time that the controller is not yet initialized. You might be able to work around this by changing the options in Device Manager for the USB Root Hub that MJ is using, on the Power Management tab. Or, try using a different USB port. There might also be a BIOS setting, or an option in Control Panel->Power Options that is relevant. If you have only a USB keyboard, be careful that you don't lose control of your system!

If the above fail, a powered USB hub will likely fix the problem. If you don't have one to try, buy one at a local store where you can return it, in case it doesn't help.
kamven
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart wrote:
Given that none of the MJ devices function after a reboot, I'm guessing that the USB powers up at a time that the controller is not yet initialized. You might be able to work around this by changing the options in Device Manager for the USB Root Hub that MJ is using, on the Power Management tab. Or, try using a different USB port. There might also be a BIOS setting, or an option in Control Panel->Power Options that is relevant. If you have only a USB keyboard, be careful that you don't lose control of your system!

If the above fail, a powered USB hub will likely fix the problem. If you don't have one to try, buy one at a local store where you can return it, in case it doesn't help.

Problem solved !!!
Changed used by MJ USB port.

I have two USB ports (Port 0 and Port 1) directly to the motherboard - next to PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard Connectors.
I have two more USB ports connected to the motherboard with about 11 inches cables.
MJ can not start when connected to the extended USB ports.
MJ start without problems when connected to the USB ports (Port 0 and Port 1) directly to the motherboard.

Thank you very mach Stewart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: