Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
All of the sudden, nobody can hear me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packen
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: All of the sudden, nobody can hear me

I've had this for a few weeks now with no real problems, now all of the sudden, I have to yell into my phone for people on the other end to hear me. I tried the magicfix and latest update with no luck. I tried different phones, no luck. I searched for this and read other posts but have not found a solution. I tried turning the volume up on the magicjack, no luck.

I love this thing but if I can't talk to nobody, it's worthless to me.

Anybody know what else I can try?
packen
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one with this problem?
Cybersys
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject:

packen wrote:

Try doing a search on the keyword 'volume'.
packen
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Done the searches, nothing in them helped.
lonestarmagic
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Try it on a friends puter and if it does the same thing on theirs, you'll know you have a bad MJ....if it works fine, then there is still something messed up in your system or setup.
f0ru0l0rd
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject:

so if I am understanding you correctly (and the logic isn't hard), if I have this issue, depsite it happening on my mac and on my pc, then I am SOL?

If this is the case, what are my remedies... I too have this problem. I have had this problem since the day that I first tried it (a few weeks after I got it).

Please please please please please... has anyone else had this problem??????
help!!
maverixz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject:

I started having the same problem within the last 2 weeks. The system worked fine when i first got it but now people can't hear me even though I can hear them.
packen
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject:

maverixz wrote:
I started having the same problem within the last 2 weeks. The system worked fine when i first got it but now people can't hear me even though I can hear them.

Thats about when mine went bad. I wonder if they made any changes or upgrades. I am going to try it on a different pc later today and see if that makes a difference.
maverixz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I would hope someone could assist us by providing an answer. I will also try the device on my PC.

packen wrote:
maverixz wrote:

Thats about when mine went bad. I wonder if they made any changes or upgrades. I am going to try it on a different pc later today and see if that makes a difference.
haq
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: All of the sudden, nobody can hear me

From the last week or so I have the same problem in my MJ, in the start of any call it works ok but within 2 to 3 min. only I can hear the other side clearly but they can't. still couldn't find any solution.

packen wrote:
lonestarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I've never had any sound issues....but have heard that if you have a router, try cycling it off/on. Another area to look is to make sure you don't have anything muted or turned down in your Volume control window. One other thing that seems to be an issue for some is the type of phone used.

I use a Uniden DECT 6.0 wireless connected to my laptop, then run wireless from my laptop to my wireless router. No issues whatsoever with static or sound quality.

If you've tried just about everything, before you decide it could be a bad MJ, take it to a friends house on their system and see if the problem is still there. If it works fine, you'll know there is still something messed up with your own configuration.
lonestarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject:

I've never had any sound issues....but have heard that if you have a router, try cycling it off/on. Another area to look is to make sure you don't have anything muted or turned down in your Volume control window. One other thing that seems to be an issue for some is the type of phone used.

I use a Uniden DECT 6.0 wireless connected to my laptop, then run wireless from my laptop to my wireless router. No issues whatsoever with static or sound quality.

If you've tried just about everything, before you decide it could be a bad MJ, take it to a friends house on their system and see if the problem is still there. If it works fine, you'll know there is still something messed up with your own configuration.
smileejack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: call quality

just got mj, calls keep breaking up. I did live chat w/ tech support, every thing she had me do made it 100x's worse. Did her instuctions backword next day to get back to where I was. I am old poor woman who thought cutting monthly ph bill would be great. I have fairly new 6 month old gateway w/ vista home premium.Phone is Radio shack 5.8 cordless ph, main base in bedroom, 2 plug in extentions, kitchen, living room. also have little dog w/ coller for invisable elec fence. Signal was bleeding into bed room, they gave me small box to keep on floor to block signal from electrocuting him in bedroom. just trying to cover all info. I spent half the day yesterday on phone w/ my son, yelling, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? !!! He is hearing every other word. Can someone please please help me? I am not to computer savvy, but I can follow slow directions. E mail me would be ok, [email protected] Please help, I so want this to work. donna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: