magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternate method of getting my Magic Jack GO to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ag42b
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Alternate method of getting my Magic Jack GO to work Reply with quote

When OS X 10.11 El Capitan came out, I was surprised to find that my Magic Jack GO no longer worked. I only got a dial tone.

After over a month of checking MJ Support for updates, which were not forthcoming, a MJ tech. gave me information on how to get my service up again.

Plug ethernet cable from the MJ GO box into the back of my Comcast wireless router, plug other end into MJ GO. Plug wall electric adapter into a wall socket, and insert onto USB plug on MJ GO.

Start making and receiving calls again. I did not use MJ voice mail, and have a telephone/answering machine plugged into the GO anyway.

Nothing from Magic Jack appears on my computer screen, but that is okay, as I can make and receive calls again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: