Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
An Issue Post Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Rockster
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: An Issue Post Upgrade

Hi,

I had this MJ working well prior to the upgrade. It worked so well, I got rid of my home phone, and bought it for the next 5 years.

Then the "Lucky" upgrade.

Now I am having an issue with call forwarding. I can't seem save the "disengage", function. I can get the disengage function to work, in the call forward box, but after saving it and closing the site, when I re enter the sign in page and then go to subscription tab and call forwarding the enable call forwarding box is all ways checked. If I call with another phone some times the call gets forward and sometimes not. Since my cell phone receives poorly indoors, I want to use the MJ in the house.

Oh, also, not sure if this affects it, but did map the sign in page to a direct launch button on my turbo mouse trackball. It worked great till the upgrade. Since the upgrade I reprogrammed the button. Also have tried the other short cuts with the same bad results.

I tried MJ Customer Service. Online I went round and round. Went through the different levels of CS. Installed the new software, after removing it......they kept telling me that on their computer, it said I was disengaged, yet on my page said it was enabled.

I finally gave up.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: An Issue Post Upgrade

The Rockster wrote:
Hi,

I had this MJ working well prior to the upgrade. It worked so well, I got rid of my home phone, and bought it for the next 5 years.

Then the "Lucky" upgrade.

Now I am having an issue with call forwarding. I can't seem save the "disengage", function. I can get the disengage function to work, in the call forward box, but after saving it and closing the site, when I re enter the sign in page and then go to subscription tab and call forwarding the enable call forwarding box is all ways checked. If I call with another phone some times the call gets forward and sometimes not. Since my cell phone receives poorly indoors, I want to use the MJ in the house.

Oh, also, not sure if this affects it, but did map the sign in page to a direct launch button on my turbo mouse trackball. It worked great till the upgrade. Since the upgrade I reprogrammed the button. Also have tried the other short cuts with the same bad results.

I tried MJ Customer Service. Online I went round and round. Went through the different levels of CS. Installed the new software, after removing it......they kept telling me that on their computer, it said I was disengaged, yet on my page said it was enabled.

I finally gave up.

Like so many self-inflicted MJ glitches, this one may resolve by itself given time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: