magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Android question using standard tel#

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomx2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Android question using standard tel# Reply with quote

Hi.

I am not sure if this question has been asked, if so I apologize.
I downloaded the free MJ android app from Google play.
It works ok with my WIFI. I can make calls. Now, I would prefer having a standard telephone number assigned to my mobile MJ.

I do not want to use the free MJ number requiring callers to dial an access number followed by the asterisk at both ends, but rather have a standard U.S. number assigned.

Question: Do I need to purchased a new MJ+ device from radio shack or wherever to register a new account for at a standard number? Even though I will use my android phone for incoming/outgoing calls and not my computer. How is the configuration setup to Port a standard number on my Android?

Thanks.
TC.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Android question using standard tel# Reply with quote

tomx2 wrote:
Hi.

I am not sure if this question has been asked, if so I apologize.
I downloaded the free MJ android app from Google play.

Tom,

See my answer to your same question on DSL Reports.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28899353-Need-Standard-MJ-POTS-number-assigned-to-my-android.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: