Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anonymous

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lychy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Anonymous

As long as I have been reading posts on this forum no one mentioned getting a call from "Anonymous" after each incoming call.

I do.

I didn't see anything in the search about this. I have been wondering for a while why this happens.

Does anyone else get this?

It may be the little caller ID box..idk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Anonymous

lychy wrote:
As long as I have been reading posts on this forum no one mentioned getting a call from "Anonymous" after each incoming call.

I do.

I didn't see anything in the search about this. I have been wondering for a while why this happens.

Does anyone else get this?

It may be the little caller ID box..idk.


I get this from one of my friends in Ohio who has his number blocked by the phone Co. As far as "every caller" no.

Have you setup phone numbers in the softphone contacts list?
I also run magicfeatures and have numbers in it for CID.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lychy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Anonymous

nighthawks wrote:


I get this from one of my friends in Ohio who has his number blocked by the phone Co. As far as "every caller" no.

Have you setup phone numbers in the softphone contacts list?
I also run magicfeatures and have numbers in it for CID.


I have softphone contacts programmed and magicfeatures contacts programmed.
My mom is the only person who really calls that line, and every time she calls I get a call immediately after from "Anonymous".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 87

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Anonymous

lychy wrote:
nighthawks wrote:


I get this from one of my friends in Ohio who has his number blocked by the phone Co. As far as "every caller" no.

Have you setup phone numbers in the softphone contacts list?
I also run magicfeatures and have numbers in it for CID.


I have softphone contacts programmed and magicfeatures contacts programmed.
My mom is the only person who really calls that line, and every time she calls I get a call immediately after from "Anonymous".



So what your saying is that as soon as your mom hangs up you get this call, right?

Do you answer it or let it goto your answering maching or MJ's voice mail?
If so is there anyone on the other end as far as you can tell or a mgs.?

When your mom calls again do you see her ID.

You could try this if you have a cell phone, as soon as you mom hangs up call you MJ # and see what comes up. Have your cell # in the softphone and magicfeatures.

Do you also have the version 2.02 of magicfeatures?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lychy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Anonymous

nighthawks wrote:



So what your saying is that as soon as your mom hangs up you get this call, right?

Do you answer it or let it goto your answering maching or MJ's voice mail?
If so is there anyone on the other end as far as you can tell or a mgs.?

When your mom calls again do you see her ID.

You could try this if you have a cell phone, as soon as you mom hangs up call you MJ # and see what comes up. Have your cell # in the softphone and magicfeatures.

Do you also have the version 2.02 of magicfeatures?


Yeah it happens right after she calls. Not like after we talk, but if I happen to be outside and she calls but I can't get to the phone in time she immediately rings my cell next, and then "anonymous" calls on the MJ.

I answered it the first few times it happened and it's was no one.
Now I just let it ring.

I do have the latest version of MF. I will definitely try calling myself next time and see what it does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert


Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Anonymous

lychy wrote:
nighthawks wrote:



So what your saying is that as soon as your mom hangs up you get this call, right?

Do you answer it or let it goto your answering maching or MJ's voice mail?
If so is there anyone on the other end as far as you can tell or a mgs.?

When your mom calls again do you see her ID.

You could try this if you have a cell phone, as soon as you mom hangs up call you MJ # and see what comes up. Have your cell # in the softphone and magicfeatures.

Do you also have the version 2.02 of magicfeatures?


Yeah it happens right after she calls. Not like after we talk, but if I happen to be outside and she calls but I can't get to the phone in time she immediately rings my cell next, and then "anonymous" calls on the MJ.

I answered it the first few times it happened and it's was no one.
Now I just let it ring.

I do have the latest version of MF. I will definitely try calling myself next time and see what it does.


Ok, well I haven't got that problem, but a few times I get a call that says it's from a friend(CID) and I've let the answering machine pick up and it seems to be a recording. Starts as 3 tones then "You've reached the ymax communication test number, this test was successful." 3 ending tones. The strange thing about this is it's and incoming call, but it's saying that I've reached the ymax......bla bla....like I called it, but I didn't it was a friends # or it used the last callers ID somehow.
I haven't had this for awhile so not really to sure what it was about. I posted a mgs. on this form about it but without any really explanation.
It's one of strange things that MJ does which makes you say hummmm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Southern Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject:

just a thought, but it almost sounds like your getting a message that a voicemail was received when you don't get to the phone...I'm not aware of any myself, but perhaps somehow you've set your voicemail settings to phone you instead of email for voicemail notifications?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lychy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject:

notdeadyet wrote:
just a thought, but it almost sounds like your getting a message that a voicemail was received when you don't get to the phone...I'm not aware of any myself, but perhaps somehow you've set your voicemail settings to phone you instead of email for voicemail notifications?


I never thought of that, but I don't get emails from MJ, so maybe so.
I will definitely have to look into this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lychy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Anonymous

nighthawks wrote:

Ok, well I haven't got that problem, but a few times I get a call that says it's from a friend(CID) and I've let the answering machine pick up and it seems to be a recording. Starts as 3 tones then "You've reached the ymax communication test number, this test was successful." 3 ending tones. The strange thing about this is it's and incoming call, but it's saying that I've reached the ymax......bla bla....like I called it, but I didn't it was a friends # or it used the last callers ID somehow.
I haven't had this for awhile so not really to sure what it was about. I posted a mgs. on this form about it but without any really explanation.
It's one of strange things that MJ does which makes you say hummmm.


That's really odd as well.
It makes you wonder what the heck is going on there..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Southern Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject:

lychy wrote:
I ever thought of that, but I don't get emails from MJ, so maybe so.
I will definitely have to look into this!


once your voicemail is set up, you should ALWAYS get an email from MJ voicemail notification for any missed call, whether a message was left or not, so try setting it up to an email, and "maybe" the calls will stop Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB Ultra Turbo Extended Edition Live © 2001-9999, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.