Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Another Broken Storage Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynamik
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Another Broken Storage Issue

I'm having a problem with one of my magicjacks. All of a sudden I'm receiving the Broken Storage error. I don't receive the error when I plug it into another computer, only this one. I've tried using it with and without the usb hub and still get it. I've deleted all known files of magicjack on my computer yet I still get it on this computer. I've also tried formatting it but I still get the Broken Storage error on just this computer. Does anyone know any other solutions?
barkndog
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject:

I would initially look at any upgrades or applications that you've installed lately. Could be the USB drivers, unlikely if it was working before.

Question: you said you removed the MJ from the hub and attached it directly to the PC - did you attach the MJ to the same USB port that the hub was attached to? Have you tried other USB ports? How old is the PC?
dynamik
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject:

I've tried every port. I'm not sure what the age of the PC has to do with anything. The problem isn't hardware wise at all with either the MJ device or my desktop. It's clearly something in xp but I'm not exactly sure what. Does anyone have any other solution of what could be done? Does anyone know all the registry paths for MJ? Maybe I could delete all the Reg keys associated with MJ.
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject:

This has been reported to help it.
http://www.geocities.com/workdaysome/magicjack.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: