magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Ooma Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Another Ooma Review Reply with quote

I have been fooling around for the past two-and-a-half years looking for the perfect VoIP solution. Certainly this forum and the contributors have been a wealth of support and information. But I was never quite able to achieve the quality and consistency I felt was necessary for a business application.

Two days ago, I bit the bullet and bought an ooma Telo from Best Buy. So far, it has exceeded my expectations. I called my two worst critics to test and both commented it sounds better than a land line.

Last night, I spoke to a long, lost friend for two hours without a hiccup. This seems to be what I've been looking for. If I opt out of the Premier service after the 60 day trial, my monthly fee is $3.48, calculated from their website based on my zip code.

The clincher for me was several test recordings I made using different VoIP services, i.e. Skype, sipgate, Callcentric, and of course, Magic Jack. The ooma recording was the only one that was acceptable.

Lessons learned.
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Ooma Review Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
I have been fooling around for the past two-and-a-half years looking for the perfect VoIP solution. Certainly this forum and the contributors have been a wealth of support and information. But I was never quite able to achieve the quality and consistency I felt was necessary for a business application.

Two days ago, I bit the bullet and bought an ooma Telo from Best Buy. So far, it has exceeded my expectations. I called my two worst critics to test and both commented it sounds better than a land line.

Last night, I spoke to a long, lost friend for two hours without a hiccup. This seems to be what I've been looking for. If I opt out of the Premier service after the 60 day trial, my monthly fee is $3.48, calculated from their website based on my zip code.

The clincher for me was several test recordings I made using different VoIP services, i.e. Skype, sipgate, Callcentric, and of course, Magic Jack. The ooma recording was the only one that was acceptable.

Lessons learned.

Amen, And i agree but i can make it sound better then what u have it now. Do u have the Telo handset for HD audio?.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do u have the Telo handset for HD audio?

Not yet. I thought the only sound quality advantage was if you were calling someone else on ooma with the Telo handset.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
Quote:
Do u have the Telo handset for HD audio?

Not yet. I thought the only sound quality advantage was if you were calling someone else on ooma with the Telo handset.

Nope, Its has a great bass responce and IMO is great audio however like u said Ooma to Ooma your HD. BTW the Ooma Telo handset blows away my AT&T cordless in audio, Best 50 bux i spent plus i get the 2nd number with the phone. Im keeping the prem service and BTW it's $3.48 a month without it i think for anyone almost as i pay the same as you but after my 2 months of free Prem service i will continue with it. You know what they say the one with the most toys wins. I lived in Garden Grove and i know u know what im talking about. Glad i got the hell out of there all pussy guns that state lets you have and other BS laws. I like the laws here!, Ooma is used by the U.S. military in rag head land and no offence to any american muslims on here as your brothers in the middle east will kill us all sooner or L8tr in the name of allah, Nasty germ warfare Wink BTW, You get 30 days to return and if u get one im 100% it will make the phone your using sound less in quality. It's studio quality audio. I had a 4 way in HD today for 3 hours and all of us on Ooma's and two of us doing 3-ways on each end.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Darkman90808, If you noticed if your using a cordless phone or wired to do a 3-way etc you have to either get up or be near the Ooma to press 1 and 2 on the Ooma to complete the 3-way. With the Telo Handset at most � a second amoung other things. Someone can call my Telo handset and in a blink of a eye i can send them to my primary phone number without them even knowing it. The Ooma just alerts me with a double ring and the caller is now on line 1 when they were on line 2 which is a different phone number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: