Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Another topic about the '' error 3''

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roudani1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Another topic about the '' error 3''

Hi all, i sent a magicjack to Morocco, but later i found that it's blocked in there. However, it works for many people using routers. The problem my family facing, is that the magicjack works fine at my nephew's computer using a router, but when he took it to my mom's, it didnt work on her computer using his router, same one that magicjack worked on, in his home. He opend the ports and downloaded the updates, but still not working for my mom, i know there s something in her computer that doesnt let it work. Anyone has any idea? what should be done? thank u alot
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Firewall
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Firewall?
roudani1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject:

thank you for your reply, my nephew said he disabled the firewall, but still doesnt work.
Luxfestinus
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: I would suggest running it through a VPN

There are many free VPNs and if you search real hard you may find one close to your area. Low latency is the key to make it practical. In a Virtual Private Network the information is encrypted to include the ports. All the data flows through one encrypted tunnel and comes out the other end as it should.

Hotspot Shield:
http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield/
or

I have personally tested Open VPN http://openvpn.net/ and it does work with MagicJack. Your Mileage May vary though.

I would also suggest using truecrypt http://www.truecrypt.org/ for when the authorities want to seize your computer and you want plausible deniability. It is rather technical but basically you can setup a duress password that leads to an Operating System that shows only what you want them to see.
roudani1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject:

We tried the VPN but we couldnt hear eachother good enough. Thank you for your advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: