magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any fix yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaftop1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: any fix yet? Reply with quote

have they come any closer to fixing the incoming call no sound yet?
this thing has pretty much turned into junk. wish i hadn't of renewed.
thedhgroup
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean there was actually a time when MJ worked? I've had mine for 3 months and the only time I can use it is early in the morning or late at night.

I assume that is the MJ servers or Internet in general is bogging down. My Internet speed seems to be rock solid throughout the day so I also assume it has nothing to do with me or my computer. If I go over to a friends house that has twice the speed I do it still works like crap. Works great at 6am though.
Kif Kroker
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to try switching proxies, some may be more 'bogged down' than others. The wiki at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MagicJack/Support_Resources/How-To/Proxy_Change describes how to do this. It is at least a way to help isolate whether the problem lies with your computer or the MJ servers.
thedhgroup
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get all that proxy stuff. I get concept but it seems like a lot of effort for no guaranteed returns. Maybe if there were a GUI where I could select Minneapolis or Denver before I made a call or something might help.

Until then I get up every morning make a few calls successfully and as the day wears on I just set the old phone aside and use my cell phone. We have not had a land line for 5 years. I got MJ to reduce the minutes used on my cell phone and I've been able to do just that. I just wish it would work better for me and other folks.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedhgroup wrote:
I get concept but it seems like a lot of effort for no guaranteed returns.
There are no guarantees in life, especially when you choose to use the lowest price/lowest support VoIP service available. The tips on this forum are just that - tips. You are welcome to use them or not, just as you are welcome to subscribe to Vonage or another similar service for $20 per month instead of $20 per year if you prefer that someone else takes care of this expenditure of effort.

For my pocketbook, investing this personal effort to save this much money is a good deal. Your threshold of price vs. effort may be different, as is your right.

Try out the tip and see if it works for you. If you like it so much, you can be the hero who writes a script that automates the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: