magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any hope for spa2102 without proxy after recent mj-update ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nd_100
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Any hope for spa2102 without proxy after recent mj-update ? Reply with quote

I had spa2102 running great since last december, and it stopped working (reg. failed) last week. So I dusted off the magicjack, and it did an update. After that, I extracted the new password(using sipdump, had to jump thru hoops but finally got the passwd).

I am still failing to register using spa2102. It looks like this change was more than just a password change. Any pointers are appreciated. The two routers I own dont support jffs, so running a pc for mjproxy is not desirable...

From sipdump, i am at useragent version 1.92.530e.

==============================================

SIPDump9.txt:User-Agent: MagicJack/1.92.530e (SJ Labs)
SIPDump9.txt:User-Agent: ENSR3.2.1.4-IS21-RMRG0-RG900-EP2110900
TOF
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Any hope for spa2102 without proxy after recent mj-updat Reply with quote

nd_100 wrote:
I had spa2102 running great since last december, and it stopped working (reg. failed) last week. So I dusted off the magicjack, and it did an update. After that, I extracted the new password(using sipdump, had to jump thru hoops but finally got the passwd).

I am still failing to register using spa2102. It looks like this change was more than just a password change. Any pointers are appreciated. The two routers I own dont support jffs, so running a pc for mjproxy is not desirable...

From sipdump, i am at useragent version 1.92.530e.

==============================================

SIPDump9.txt:User-Agent: MagicJack/1.92.530e (SJ Labs)
SIPDump9.txt:User-Agent: ENSR3.2.1.4-IS21-RMRG0-RG900-EP2110900

My Password is still the same as of a dump last weekend. Took 6 dumps to get it but it's still the same. Nevertheless I'm tired of playing "hide the wienie" with Dan and the boys. I've put the MJ in the drawer and have gone to the netTalk.com TK6000 that works wonderfully well. Don't need the 'puter on either. Just like in the old days with ATA on MJ only better not having to dodge the MJ gang and the dreaded "Lucky YOu" green stuff.

So think about it.
newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Any hope for spa2102 without proxy after recent mj-updat Reply with quote

I think the tk6000 has massive potential, but I had to return mine. It was just too unreliable, but that was back in December. I still read the forums, they are definitely making headway.

But, they still have a way to replace a landline .... I hope they push magicJack:

1) 90 minute call limit (not a problem for most people)

2) The keep alive issue still seems to be a problem for some people

3) Weekends seem to have spotty service

4) Some users are experiencing a transfer tone/high pitch sound

I hope Nettalk takes off (and soon) ... I think it would force Dan to finally offer a BYOD type system.
nostrodamus
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the NetTalk TK6000 have a better selection of area codes than MJ does?

I've had the MJ since August 2007 and still don't have a local phone number. The current list of available area codes on the MagicJack website doesn't have ANY listed in my state, so I don't expect this will change. I have incoming calls routed through Google Voice, so that gives me a "local" number, but I wouldn't want to trade one such set up for another, even if I could get off the damn dongle with the TK 6000.

I do find it odd that NetTalk won't even publish their list of area codes on their website, which all other VOIP providers (even Skype) do, to my knowledge.
nd_100
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi, I am now able to register my spa2102 correctly WITHOUT mjproxy. Based on one of the suggestions on this great forum, I learned that since my spa2102's WAN was static ip and i didnt specify DNS server, that was causing it to not register. I put in the DNS server entry, and bingo...
rlwatson
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give us a step by step
nd_100
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had setup my spa2102 per instructions floating around on this forum. Nothing fancy, just basic sip information, and it worked just fine for last 5-6 months. In april, it would not register anymore, and i pulled new password from sip dump of magicjack.exe But it just wasnt registering after that. After setting the DNS Server manually, it registered and is working ok... Proxy server is same talk4free.com here locally in washington... Thanks
vzlarwpx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: MJ without proxy instructions Reply with quote

nd_100, would it be possible for you to provide some screen shots of your setup or the step by step? I have the dns specified on my SPA2102 but I still need to run the mjproxy in order for it to work.

Thanks.
nd_100
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just followed the instructions found in this forum. I know that some folks had posted the screenshots of their spa2102 configuration, so i just copied those settings, nothing special...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: