magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any ideas on win2000 use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuxmecs
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Any ideas on win2000 use? Reply with quote

I bought it for a home phone. Works great on my laptop when i'm out on the road. But when i hook it up to my desk top running win2000 i get a dial tone but the software dosn't load. other software? any hacks?

Any help welcome

JD
Raleigh NC
TaxUSA
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Win2000 Reply with quote

I'm running Win2000 on my desktop to... have you had any luck yet... there doesn't seem to be anyone posting a response to your question.
deuxmecs
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: no response yet Reply with quote

may be we should get all the win2000 to email MJ and bug the crap out of them to make it work. win2000 is not that far away from XP.

JD
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of just complaining, why don't you try posting what goes wrong; maybe someone can help you fix it.

When you plug in MJ, do you get a blue light? Do all 4 devices (CD-ROM, USB disk, Human Interface Device, Sound card) appear?

Does the software try to load? If not, have you tried running the autorun.exe manually? If something does load, what do you see (splash screens, error messages, hangs, etc.)?
icefire
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Win 2000 no help yet Reply with quote

Just like the others, I HAVE posted what happens in My WIN 2000 comp. The only answer was a very tech thing over all our heads. When you plug in the MJ to a Win 2000 comp, the software DOESNT LOAD...it stops at the splash screen, and u get a error message saying "OS not supported". You can go no further. When I run Magic Fix, it says, OS Supported, so, it think if it would install, it woulkd run, but cant get it to install, NOW could you try to help us 2000 users? thanks.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I published a patch here: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/how-can-i-get-the-magicjack-to-work-on-my-windows-2000-pro-t1276.html .

Do you have a folder on your hard drive named mjusbsp ? (When you search for it, make sure that 'search system folders' and 'search hidden files and folders' are both enabled.)

If yes, make the patch and test as I've described. If you have questions about a particular step, please ask.

If you don't have an mjusbsp folder, let me know and I'll describe how to install it manually.
minoe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart's patch works well. If you're unable to do the hex editing, perhaps the edited file can be posted somewhere for download.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: