Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Any new way to get sip info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propizza
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Any new way to get sip info

I have the latest update, any new way to get my password?
staypuph
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject:

http://magicjackhacks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=68

That's a link to a MagicJack SIP password finder. The article also explains how to use it.
djino
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.. I'm unable to run passwordfinder As I get a 64-bit error Sad

djino
"Any workarounds?"
PEARLTONE
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject:

please explain what the password is used for??

thanks
bfksc
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject:

PEARLTONE wrote:
please explain what the password is used for??
thanks

It's called the SIP credentials which are used to log on to the Magicjack servers to make calls over the net. Magicjack is nothing more than a VoIP device except it uses software on your computer to send/receive the data packets after the device converts the analog sounds to digitized voice.

Regular VoIP service from a company like Vonage uses an ATA or Analog Telephone Adaptor that plugs into a network connection. The ATA device converts the analog sounds and sends it over the net all in the one device without the need for a computer. This ATA needs to have a userid, password, proxy server address, etc. to connect to the Vonage servers to send/receive your phone calls.

I'm using an ATA in place of the Magicjack device mainly because my device refuses to work properly with any computer or network - I always have choppy audio on every single call. I think my MJ device is defective, but I don't care since I now use the ATA instead.
Smile
bfksc
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject:

staypuph wrote:
http://magicjackhacks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=68
That's a link to a MagicJack SIP password finder. The article also explains how to use it.

Except once again that is old information and it does not work for the latest update from Magicjack.
jack-N-D-Trash
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject:

bfksc wrote:
staypuph wrote:

Except once again that is old information and it does not work for the latest update from Magicjack.

yep, this info is old.. and i've tried almost all programs that are designed to get SIP info..

SIPdump seems to work, i got a 20 alpha-numeric key.. but i cant connect using ATA, asterisk or a softphone.. this 20 alphanum key seems to repeat a number of times in this dump.. am i getting the right key or is this a decoy or somethin?

Thanks.
mesamagic
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Yes it still work!

I use Stroths Magic suite 1.6 with SIPdump included, and got 20 numeric PW key after a few tries and errors, but finally the SIPdump caugh it, even with newest upgrade from MJ as of last week. That says I can run Magicjack through ATA now without the USB device plugged in. As some users here, my USB device doesnt want to work properly, choppy sound, almost unhearable at my end so getting SIPinfo and put it on ATA solved my problem... However, lot of works and time consuming ( at least for me ) need to be done before I can have an acceptable phone service to use now. Read and read as many posts as you can over here to get the right info and you will get rewarded at some points. Big thanks to all who has distributed their knowledges and help other newb like me...
jack-N-D-Trash
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject:

Tested what i got from sipdump and it works. all info are definitely in the dump.. im using x-lite with mjmd5.. Thank you guys for all the information.

my outbound calls dont have any problems.. inbound is a diff matter.. it rings but when i answer i cant hear the caller and i assume he cant hear me also.. does anyone know what might be the problem?
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject:

jack-N-D-Trash wrote:
Tested what i got from sipdump and it works. all info are definitely in the dump.. im using x-lite with mjmd5.. Thank you guys for all the information.

my outbound calls dont have any problems.. inbound is a diff matter.. it rings but when i answer i cant hear the caller and i assume he cant hear me also.. does anyone know what might be the problem?

There is a good tutorial here about X-lite/mj. You may need a stun server setting or forward firewall ports to overcome one way audio. One way audio is also a very fruitful search term within this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: