magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any news on how to get sip creds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxigenado
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: any news on how to get sip creds? Reply with quote

I've been looking around the forum on how to get sip creds, but all posts stop on dec 2007, is there anything new? I would love to use MJ on my pocket pc or on a ata device, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
omega10x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in the same boat cant seem to determine them with fiddler,
i know cain is useless since they went to a 20char password, but fiddler doesnt even seem to show it, unless im not doing it correctly(although i have read the old posts over and over again)

if anyone could post(or PM us) with the most recent information, it would be greatly appreacated

thanks
oxigenado
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omega10x wrote:
Im in the same boat cant seem to determine them with fiddler,
i know cain is useless since they went to a 20char password, but fiddler doesnt even seem to show it, unless im not doing it correctly(although i have read the old posts over and over again)

if anyone could post(or PM us) with the most recent information, it would be greatly appreacated

thanks

Yup, same here, I used cain and fiddler, nuttin, like u, I dont know if Im doing something wrong
magicJon
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apparently it's been done, I assume using wireshark to capture and decode UDP packets. Read the posts about setting up the PAP2 ATA.
oxigenado
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicJon wrote:
Well, apparently it's been done, I assume using wireshark to capture and decode UDP packets. Read the posts about setting up the PAP2 ATA.

Yes, we used that wireshark, worked like a charm, the only prob I have now is I cant make phone calls using my wm6 pocket pc phone, which is sprint, I can receive no prob, bot not make, Im using setupVoIP version 0.3 Schap's 2007, I set the registrar and proxy address as proxy1.SaltLakeCity.talk4free.com port 5070 UDP, am I doing something wrong? BTW Im still working in my pap2, to unlock it and run it with MJ, does any1 know if this has a default user and passwd? I looked on the web, and only found admin:1234, but didnt work.

thanks guys!
somenon3
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a way to get your sip creds in about 30 seconds, the answers are here in the forum (I know everybody says that). I had to dig for about a week before I accidentally came across it. If you can't find the answer, PM me and I can't give you some pointers of what to look for.
kingfisher1111
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enjoy guys let us continue the same rock and roll Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
chrisabston
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't sip creds be somewhe in the physical memory from magicjack.exe?
OG1502
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Vonage ATA that is unlockable that I would like to use. Any ideas on how to get the SIP info?
gmagill
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somenon3 wrote:
there's a way to get your sip creds in about 30 seconds, the answers are here in the forum (I know everybody says that). I had to dig for about a week before I accidentally came across it. If you can't find the answer, PM me and I can't give you some pointers of what to look for.

Cant you just give us a link to the internal page on this site? Why make it so painful for everyone?
MagicBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this SIP Cred? and why is it important?

Just a newbie and curious. Confused

I also need to try and figure out what this spoofing thing is....... Shocked

Still on an ATT landline here.... Sad
teyong
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicBob wrote:
What is this SIP Cred? and why is it important?

Just a newbie and curious. Confused

I also need to try and figure out what this spoofing thing is....... Shocked

Still on an ATT landline here.... Sad

YEAH!!!! WHAT!!!!!!
chrisabston
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIP Cred is the SESSION INITIATION PROTOCOL or in other words the proxy and domain as well as the password and username your magicjack uses to register to the network to allow for phone calls. The reason these are so important is to be able to use a device other than the magicjack (which is buggy at best and almost unmanageable) to make and receive phone calls. THE REASON IT IS SO PAINFUL and users are not willing to just tell ho is because anytime someone just posted a tutorial magicjack closed the security holes that were shown how to exploit. My earlier post is a hint. The SIP creds should be stored in the physical memory from when magicjack initiated on your machine.
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you all know... If you guys want SIP creds you will need to provide your MJ serial number and phone number, if you dont want to give that info out then no SIP for you... thats it... goodbye!
MagicBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisabston wrote:
SIP Cred is the SESSION INITIATION PROTOCOL or in other words the proxy and domain as well as the password and username your magicjack uses to register to the network to allow for phone calls. The reason these are so important is to be able to use a device other than the magicjack (which is buggy at best and almost unmanageable) to make and receive phone calls. THE REASON IT IS SO PAINFUL and users are not willing to just tell ho is because anytime someone just posted a tutorial magicjack closed the security holes that were shown how to exploit. My earlier post is a hint. The SIP creds should be stored in the physical memory from when magicjack initiated on your machine.

Ok.... "is to be able to use a device other than the magicjack".

Just what device(s) are you talking about? Again, a newbie here so I am not familar with the lingo and various hardware for VOIP.
richardtaur

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devices such as http://www.telephonydepot.com/Analog_Adapters_ATAs_s/2.htm
emoci
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One plus of using MJ with a SIP Device, is that the computer no longer has to be on
richardtaur

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right.
MagicBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea

The light bulb is on! Razz
gmagill
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisabston wrote:

OK - totally understood why links are not provided. Without giving too much away, are the credentials read out using some kind of specialized HW based reader from the dongle or is there some kind of software crack? i.e do I have to purchase some piece of gear to read it out or can it be done through free software alone? No details please -- just a soft push in the right direction.

I know how to get all of the info except my digest secret.
emoci
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicBob wrote:
Idea

However keep in mind, that to use an ATA, you'll have these upfront costs:

1. If you don't already have a router, you'll need to get yourself a router (this comes in handy for wireless and connection sharing....if you don't already have one, I'd also suggest grabbing a WRT54GL, or anything compatible with third party firmware like DD-WRT or Tomato)

2. You'll need to buy an ATA (Analog telephone adaptor) which hooks up to the router the same way a computer would, and allows you to plug a regular phone into it. The cheapest and most reliable in my opionion is the Linksys PAP2 (or the SPA3102 if you can afford to spend more)...You want to get your hands on an unlocked unit like the PAP2-NA, eBay is an easy source for these

3. Configuration: It is not inherently hard once you've got the above, plus with the Linksys devices there is so many guides and instructions out there, you're bound to find someone that can help.

4. Finally you hook up a phone to the ATA and talk
chrisabston
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisabston wrote:

Yes This would be a device such as a softphone (like when MJ pops up) or a hard sip phone like a skype phone or an ATA like a vonage box that plugs into the internet so you can bypass your computer (so your puter doesn't have to run 24/7)
MagicBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emoci wrote:
MagicBob wrote:
Idea

1. If you don't already have a router, you'll need to get yourself a router (this comes in handy for wireless and connection sharing....if you don't already have one, I'd also suggest grabbing a WRT54GL, or anything compatible with third party firmware like DD-WRT or Tomato)

2. You'll need to buy an ATA (Analog telephone adaptor) which hooks up to the router the same way a computer would, and allows you to plug a regular phone into it. The cheapest and most reliable in my opionion is the Linksys PAP2 (or the SPA3102 if you can afford to spend more)...You want to get your hands on an unlocked unit like the PAP2-NA, eBay is an easy source for these

3. Configuration: It is not inherently hard once you've got the above, plus with the Linksys devices there is so many guides and instructions out there, you're bound to find someone that can help.

1. No problem as I have a Linksys WRT54GS;
2. Was looking at the Linksys PAP2-NA. What is the "Unlocked" issue. What is locked?
Here is a quote on the PAP2-NA:

"Choose your preferred free local dialing US area code, regardless of where you live. Or add a virtual phone number in any area code, forwarded to your Internet phone. You can even add a toll-free number. The Linksys Phone Adapter is compatible with these and all of the other special telephone features that are available from your telephone service provider, such as Caller ID, Call Waiting, Voicemail, Call Forwarding, Distinctive Ring, etc."

Are we not limited to what area code/phone number that is given to us via MJ? Don't understand how I could select any area code and phone number I want as it says?

3. 23 years with PCs....I'll figure it out; my computer is on 6AM to 8PM, so not a big deal to use it for the MJ.
4. Guess I need the MJ to get this SIP and password first, which apparently is a secret. (Why does MJ care if we use the MJ device or an APA device? We still have to buy the MJ and annual renewal, so I don't get that). Don't have an MJ yet...but considering it.

Thanks!
Bob
emoci
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicBob wrote:
emoci wrote:
MagicBob wrote:
Idea

1. No problem as I have a Linksys WRT54GS;
2. Was looking at the Linksys PAP2-NA. What is the "Unlocked" issue. What is locked?
3. 23 years with PCs....I'll figure it out; my computer is on 6AM to 8PM, so not a big deal to use it for the MJ.
4. Guess I need the MJ to get this SIP and password first, which apparently is a secret. (Why does MJ care if we use the MJ device or an APA device? We still have to buy the MJ and annual renewal, so I don't get that). Don't have an MJ yet...but considering it.

Thanks!
Bob

-MJ cares because supposedly they want to be able to run ads on the softphone that runs on your computer when you use their USB device
-You do need a MagicJack first
-Unlocked vs. locked: The PAP2s especially, originally came into the market with Vonage. They were locked so users did not have access to the web interface to make changes(which would of course allow them to use the ATAs with other providers). Eventually people figured how to unlock them, with one problem, the originally locked ATAs even after being unlocked had a CallHome script that would run if the ATA was reset. So if you hapenned to reset an unlocked ATA, it would become locked again. The -NA version on the other hand are factory unlocked, also some people have figured out how to reflash previously locked ATAs such that not only are they unlocked, but they remain so after being reset as well (known as NAized ATAs).... That's just the gist of the story

Now, if you spend money on an ATA, you don't have to start with MJ, there are services out there that will let you get a feel for VoIP, and get familiarized for relatively free. DSLReports.com has a VoIP tech Chat forum, also take a look at VoXalot, MySipSwitch, PBXes, Gizmo, FWD (stands for FreeWorldDialup), as well as myvoipprovider.com (has a list of all sorts of SIP based VSPs and prices)
MagicBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Emoci for the info!
propizza
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking in the hidden folders, log files, ect. I am disappointed the I am still unable to use my magicjack service with my
pap2-na. If anyone could help, it would be appreciated. PM me
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

propizza wrote:
After looking in the hidden folders, log files, ect. I am disappointed the I am still unable to use my magicjack service with my

Your time would have been better spent perusing these forums, specifically the post that gave detailed instruction.

You can find it here...
http://tinyurl.com/mjsipcreds

Enjoy...........
propizza
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the one that helped, my pap2-na is now operational!!
TexGuy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone help me with my SIP info so I can use eyebeam/xlite?
Uncle Dick
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:
propizza wrote:

Your time would have been better spent perusing these forums, specifically the post that gave detailed instruction.

You can find it here...

Enjoy...........

Somebody sound the clown alert!
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Dick wrote:
crackerjack wrote:
propizza wrote:

You can find it here...

Enjoy...........

DONE!!!

crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:
Uncle Dick wrote:
crackerjack wrote:
propizza wrote:

You can find it here...

Enjoy...........

DONE!!!

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!!!!!!!
propizza
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

propizza wrote:
Thanks to the one that helped, my pap2-na is now operational!!

Thanks to the clown too!
l0rdsatan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no n00b to anything... took me all of 5 hours... PM if interested...
hotman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 hours...... wow

Last edited by hotman on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
propizza
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't answer pm's. Ask in the forum!
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't going to get a response in the open forum because people are concerned about MagicJack (big brother) listening in and disabling the methods that folks have found to gain access to the SIP data.

Good luck.
steve1975
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: sniff Reply with quote

try a sniffer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: