Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Any number I call gives me a busy signal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orsty3001
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Any number I call gives me a busy signal.

For the past 4 days any number I try to call gives me a busy signal.

I contacted mj's online support and this is all they will tell me.

Quote:
Dwight: Please allow me to inform you A select few have also experienced similar issues with their mJs, we have already reported the concern and we are currently waiting for additional updates about it. They are researching for a solution and they would come with one , please bear with us , this will be fix immediately . We are sorry for the inconvenience . You may check again at a later time

I just renewed for 5 years and now this has happened. I tried it on several different machines from different locations and same thing everywhere it's plugged up.

I don't know what to do other than a charge back with my bank.
Megamixer56
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject:

Are these calls to phone numbers serviced by small companies? See this thread:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/fast-busy-reorder-tone-area-code-exchange-list-t9364.html
orsty3001
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject:

All phone numbers I dial are busy, not just those.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject:

Have you tried rebooting? I lost power last night (thunderstorms) and the machine hadn't been rebooted in 30+ days (WinXP - a miracle!). Upon reboot, I got a green "lucky you" for a MJ update. Maybe they've pushed something out to fix this? BTW, I've had no problems making or receiving calls.
orsty3001
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject:

I did, I also tried unplugging it and plugging it back up again. It also does the same thing on my other machine at work.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I gather it did work at one time? Have you tried calling a number local to your area code? Have you tried calling yourself? Have you tried calling from both a telephone *and* the softphone? One last thing that might be useful - try asking the tech chat folks to reset your account. Several of us had unexplained problems that were solved by their "refreshing" (as they called it) our accounts.
orsty3001
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject:

I tried getting in touch with them and nothing. They reset the account and gave me some BS about how a few people are experiencing the same problem. I can receive calls just find so I know the unit is working. Just can place a call with it.

I think I'm going to do a charge back with my bank. Their technical support sucks.
Megamixer56
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject:

This has been going on for me two weeks as of today with certain numbers.
pettyak
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Fast busy when dialing 907 and 570 area codes

I too just purchased a Majic Jack. I live in the 907 are code (Alaska), but get three beeps (fast busy) when trying to dial 907 numbers! Same thing for trying 570 area code (NE Pennsylvanial). They are killin' me! I CAN dial 907-555-1212 and 570-555-1212 interestingly enough.

By the way, the quick and easy install was a total joke for me. Took 5 hours...yes FIVE hours with tech support over 2 sessions to get the thing working at all, and then we end up with this. Tech support gives their standard answer that I've seen all over this site...they are working on it, but won't give any details, won't give an estimated fix date, etc.

Am I screwed and just need to return this thing within their 30 day purchase window?
orsty3001
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Still not working for me. I've had them "reset" the account but still doesn't work.

Magicjack is a joke.

Looks like I'm going to be doing a charge back with my credit card company since they also refuse to give me a refund.
mcx151
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject:

you noobs need to learn how to use the "SEARCH" button at the top of this forum. There must be 50 fast busy topics... There is already a work around in place and has been fixed. It's a NON issue.
Megamixer56
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Fixed? A "work around" isn't a fix. If there's been a "fix" link to the post via cut and paste instead of bringing up the ole "the noobs need to learn to search." And why do manners and politeness go out the window on a message board Mad ?
kcaj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Area Code 570 dead!

This has been going on for 2 weeks now and CS just replies with platitudes. It would be nice if MJ would just report on the situation as to what's happening so we users don't have to speculate on the problem. Meanwhile, thanks to those who suggested to use Google Voice. It's a pain to set up and use but it works.
NorthPilot
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: More Alaska Problems...

I live in Healy, Alaska and have been using my mJ for two years. I have noticed the same problem reported by others: no calls possible to Alaska (907) numbers. You just get three fast busy signals and a disconnect. Still works to lower 48 and Canada, but not to AK numbers. The chat line tech support crew are clueless, or not telling. During one of my myriad chat sessions, I was bumped up to a supervisor, who referred my complaint on up the line. I received an email from mJ several days later offering a refund, but no information.

My guess (and it's only that) is that some aspect of providing service here was costing too much and they have quietly eliminated calls to Alaska to save money, but won't 'fess up' because it would hurt sales.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: More Alaska Problems...

NorthPilot wrote:
I live in Healy, Alaska and have been using my mJ for two years. I have noticed the same problem reported by others: no calls possible to Alaska (907) numbers. You just get three fast busy signals and a disconnect. Still works to lower 48 and Canada, but not to AK numbers. The chat line tech support crew are clueless, or not telling. During one of my myriad chat sessions, I was bumped up to a supervisor, who referred my complaint on up the line. I received an email from mJ several days later offering a refund, but no information.

My guess (and it's only that) is that some aspect of providing service here was costing too much and they have quietly eliminated calls to Alaska to save money, but won't 'fess up' because it would hurt sales.
You hit the nail on the head. MJ is quietly blocking certain areas with abnormally high termination rates. Yes they should disclose this to people but MJ has little regard for an ethical decision making process in their business. In their defense if these rural telco's are charging a crazy rate to others than I can't blame MJ for blocking them. At $1.67 a month for phone service there are gonna be tradeoffs like this. IMHO if MJ had a list of blocked areas and the reason for it most people would understand and MJ would only lose a few customers here and there.
remotestp
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject:

I used to have problem with outgoing call to certain numbers and after 4-5 ring, they went fast busy. I read few solutions in this forum and came across one that MJ needs to fix the issue at their local server. I think it has to do with routing issue in the number translation.

Hope this will fix.
jundette21
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject:

I believe the number you are calling to is not active anymore. It is either they have changed their contact number or there is a problem on their signal. Moreover, you have to consult an expert with regards to your phone.

Last edited by jundette21 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Megamixer56
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject:

jundette21 wrote:
orsty3001 wrote:
All phone numbers I dial are busy, not just those.

Well, I think the number you are going to call are not active. However, I think they already change their phone number. On the other hand, there is something wrong with your phone, I think it is better to consult for the expert, a technician, I know they could help you.

A first post from a new user that writes JUST LIKE the magicJack support people wrote; AMAZING. Rolling Eyes
awg-jr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject:

In a message posted Aug 10, sabresfan wrote:

>You hit the nail on the head. MJ is quietly blocking certain areas with abnormally high termination rates. Yes they should disclose this to people but MJ has little regard for an ethical decision making process in their business. In their defense if these rural telco's are charging a crazy rate to others than I can't blame MJ for blocking them. At $1.67 a month for phone service there are gonna be tradeoffs like this. IMHO if MJ had a list of blocked areas and the reason for it most people would understand and MJ would only lose a few customers here and there.<

Aha! So MJ is blocking the calls. I was thinking that it was my local telco that was doing the blocking. I pictured them programming their system to filter out calls from MJ numbers, but that would mean they could *detect* that the call originated from a MJ. Not sure that's possible.

On Aug 14, 9 days after emailing big Dan about busy signals in southeast Iowa (to exchanges 641-472-xxxx), I received the following reply. Note the reference to "legal requirements". Perhaps if I found the right bureaucrat in the right office ..... ???

My work-around is to program my telephone to use a prepaid dial-around service (e.g., Onesuite, LdPost), for making calls to those specific blocked numbers.
cheers
Al
Fairfield, Iowa

============ Start of MJ message text ============

Dear magicJack Customer:

We are working on interconnecting with the telecommunications carrier for the telephone numbers you have been unable to reach. The current rates charged by carriers are cost prohibitive. There is a legal requirement for all companies to interconnect if one carrier requests to do so from the other carrier. We hope we will be successful in doing so.

In the meantime we would be happy to offer you a refund.

Please return your magicJack to the following address and enclose a refund request that includes your name, magicJack phone number and full mailing address.

magicJack, LP

Attention: Consumer Issues Department

P. O. Box 16176

West Palm Beach, FL 33416

We will credit the form of payment you used to purchase your magicJack or mail you a check.

Sincerely,

magicJack Customer Care

============= end of message text ==============
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: