magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anybody know a way to 'record' calls into audio files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walter
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: anybody know a way to 'record' calls into audio files Reply with quote

I am looking for a way to translate the signal of the MagicJack calls into a WAV or oher audio format on my computer as the calls are eing made. ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Walter
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/new-talking-caller-id-automated-phone-card-dialing-t8004.html

$9.95 and it also records calls as well..

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dida2010
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: anybody know a way to 'record' calls into audio files Reply with quote

Walter wrote:
I am looking for a way to translate the signal of the MagicJack calls into a WAV or oher audio format on my computer as the calls are eing made. ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Walter

after googling.....

Quote:
I am currently using . The solution to recording calls via Mac or Vista is to download a program called 'Audacity'. once installed choose Preferences ->and change the device to: 'Unknown USB Audio Deivce', and each time you call someone and want to record them, you let the program run/record. Then save and export as .wav file. It works quite well

I've tried Audacity and it worked great.
However, you'll have to switch to the headset mode and use a microphone to conduct the conversation.

Quote:
I've tried many recording applications and none of them worked, including Audacity, if you are using the real phone to make the call instead of doing it via the PC headset/microphone.

Quote:
I have found a pretty cool program that seems to work. I have only used it for about an hour so I am still playing with it. The program's name is stepvoice and here is the link. �stepvoice.com/index.shtml

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20828117-Recording-magicJack-calls

If you know where to look you can get stepvoice for free Smile
dida2010
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: anybody know a way to 'record' calls into audio files Reply with quote

dida2010 wrote:
Walter wrote:

Walter

after googling.....

Quote:
I am currently using . The solution to recording calls via Mac or Vista is to download a program called 'Audacity'. once installed choose Preferences ->and change the device to: 'Unknown USB Audio Deivce', and each time you call someone and want to record them, you let the program run/record. Then save and export as .wav file. It works quite well

Quote:
I've tried Audacity and it worked great.
However, you'll have to switch to the headset mode and use a microphone to conduct the conversation.

Quote:
I've tried many recording applications and none of them worked, including Audacity, if you are using the real phone to make the call instead of doing it via the PC headset/microphone.

Quote:
I have found a pretty cool program that seems to work. I have only used it for about an hour so I am still playing with it. The program's name is stepvoice and here is the link. �stepvoice.com/index.shtml

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20828117-Recording-magicJack-calls

If you know where to look you can get stepvoice for free Smile
blazer123
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Recording calls with CallN Reply with quote

Have you tried http://www.calln.com ?
It is all automatic and doesn't require skills with wireshark.
A standard mp3 file is created.

Magicjack simply uses the standard SIP protocol.
Clark21
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about me,for record audio I use Macvide Audio Recorder.It’s prog can records many different formats of sound.Try.
NealinNevada
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoogleVoice creates a sound file and transcribes to text (with numerous errors usually). You create a new phone number on GoogleVoice and then link it to your MJ number.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/new-talking-caller-id-automated-phone-card-dialing-t8004.html

Joe Sica

+1
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Joe Sica

+1

Price has gone up since I posted that but it still works well and WELL worth the new price with all the features it gives MJ..
So -1 ?? Smile

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although a little more expensive, Magicfeatures state they have call recording -

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: