Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone able to unlock a used Linksys Pap2 v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sggrant323
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Anyone able to unlock a used Linksys Pap2 v1

It was used with vonage. Before I buy it, I want to make sure I can unlock it. All the guides I've found are for pap2's that have never been used.

Thanks.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject:

I would google well and hard for a solution before putting any money into any Vonage PAP2 that has been removed from service. My guess is that if you are asking that question here instead of on a PAP2 unlocking specialty forum you already know that the procedure to unlock a used Vonage PAP2 is beyond your capability.
sggrant323
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Im sure it isnt beyond my capability, if it can be done. I just want to know if it can be done, without registering for another forum.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject:

You have been here long enough to have read all of the threads on this topic, and to come away without satisfaction. The next stop is a specialty forum if you want this specialized help. Heck, you probably came to this forum in the first place because you weren't satisfied with the information you found elsewhere related to MJ.

Unlocking a Vonage PAP2 is a community unto itself. If you want to accomplish it, seek out the most knowledgeable assistance.
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject:

I tried all the tricks on mine with setting up the DNS server and all to trick it into thinking it was connected to Vonage. However, the newer firmware won't try to download a firmware update like the older versions of the firmware would. I spent a better part of a day setting it all up and trying only to learn its next to impossible if its ever been used on Vonage.

I read about this guy who can permanently unlock it remotely and I paid him $20 to do mine. Do a search for DogFace05 and pap2 unlock and you'll find him if interested. The nice thing about his method is it will never be locked to Vonage again. The other methods, if you can get them to work, leave you open to being locked to Vonage again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: