magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone else cant call your MJ# it's 3:30 am MT date is 3/27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noaliasneeded
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: anyone else cant call your MJ# it's 3:30 am MT date is 3/27 Reply with quote

I try calling to my MJ from my cell phone to my MJ (619) area code, it says "all circuits are busy right now please try later",
it has been like this for an hour now. I dont know if it has happened before, have owned it for a month but dont use it much yet.

Hey we should all document with each other when errors occur so we can discover patterns and find solutions.

Daniel
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a sytem problem on their end.
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: anyone else cant call your MJ# it's 3:30 am MT date is 3 Reply with quote

noaliasneeded wrote:
I try calling to my MJ from my cell phone to my MJ (619) area code, it says "all circuits are busy right now please try later",
it has been like this for an hour now. I dont know if it has happened before, have owned it for a month but dont use it much yet.

Hey we should all document with each other when errors occur so we can discover patterns and find solutions.

Daniel

Same here, Try to call my MJ number from my cell and from my other voip phone... busy signal... but i can call out from my MJ.
ecooper333
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the last 25 hours I've had several different issues; no vmail, no incoming calls, can't dial out. This is really frustrating....tech support keeps telling me they are performing upgrades, but I am hard pressed to believe that they are installing 24 hours worth of upgrades. They are also telling me that the problem will be fixed soon, which I am also quickly losing faith in. Crying or Very sad
cain1977
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Yes it didn't work for me last night either.. Reply with quote

last night it didn't work.... I chatted on their support chat and they told me to wait till tomorrow... and it is working today...
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrades (that don't go well) on such a complex system can easily take 24 hours.
ecooper333
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and technical problems (that a company doesn't want to admit to) can easily be referred to as "upgrades".
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems MJ is not yet completing their "upgrade" in Seattle area. I lost both outgoing & incoming 3/26. Today 3/27, outgoing works, incoming go straight to voicemail Laughing
jkb246
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Works in 973 Reply with quote

Works fine here.
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems using magicJack area code using Nashville, Tennessee 615, prefix 530
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Works in 973 Reply with quote

jkb246 wrote:
Works fine here.

Where is "here"? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

Never mind, didn't see your tiny Post subject line, so you're in northern NJ Smile
ecooper333
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO....well, MagicJunk actually worked ok for a few hours yesterday....now it's telling me I'm not connected to the internet while I have a perfect connection. Since this was a particular issue I hadn't seen, I contacted tech-support.....apparently, they're doing some upgrades Confused

At this rate of upgrade, I expect to soon be able to use MJ for telepathic communication.
b1rd
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"MagicJunk" LOL

More upgrades ??? God, with all of these "upgrades" this thing should actually be working soon.

Yes, I too, am unable to check my messages in MJ (3/28 @10:AM PST (619)

This thing is so unpredictable. Perhaps they should reallocate some of their profits into some R&D, and certainly into some better tech support. When I asked the tech support for the return address for this thing, he requested I wait 48 hours to see if the problem I was having at that time gets resolved. It did. As more and more people purchase this service, I can only see further problems ahead, until something more is done in the tech department.

I'm just glad Ii did not opt for the five year plan, because my fear is the company may have bitten off more than they chew, and might just take the money and run. I really hope not, because this could be such a great thing that revolutionizes the phone business.

I'm still (sort of) happy with this, as my home business deals with Internet advertising, so the MagicJack does save me money on the toll calls - when it's working.
msiam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecooper333, Laughing telepathic.. That may be the preempt to the national ID card.. hmm.. MJ on the chip.. a flip of the ear and think a number for Aunt Bessie.. boom "How's Uncle Fred???" You may have something there..Or.. think "Hows Uncle Fred?" then your Aunt Bessie's voice pops in and says."Little under the weather, but may be alive for the family picnic" LMAO.. thats great!!
dan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inbound calls going to fast busy Colorado 303
tjNillinois
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Not working in Illinois Reply with quote

I'm in central illinois Smile and have been having problems making calls since wednesday. Not sure what the trouble is,but it looks like a lot of people are saying its upgrades.If so i can understand that and it would be worthwhile.With the money i am saving i can wait,but i hope it comes up soon. I'm using a 815 area cose by the way. Smile
gooney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everthing is back to normal and hope it will stay this way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: