Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone else having trouble with GV voicemail?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RHDScrambler
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Anyone else having trouble with GV voicemail?

I've been running my new MJ with GV for about a week now and it worked fine, until the past two days. When I call out to my GV number to check voicemail from my MJ phone it takes a very long time to connect and start ringing, 10+ seconds. Then it continues to ring until GV voicemail picks up. (I have the phone configured to have acess to the GV voicemail so it shouldn't ring more than once and didn't when first set up) I then get my GV greeting but pressing * does nothing, greeting rolls on and I hear a beep so I can record the message. GV forwards fine to the MJ phone, I can access my GV voicemail fine from a different MJ phone not linked to my GV account. The one odd thing I noticed was that under my missed calls on my google voice account the area code on the caller id for my MJ calls is missing a digit, only 9 show up, not 10. (Caller ID shows up as normal on calls to other phones) Anyone else run into this?
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I also had problems accessing the GV both from MJ and cell phone. Usually I needed 2-3 calls for that and you have to press the * right away , not to wait until you get the message.
Also, it often displayed a totally different number with a different(thoug local) area code.
WarlockWeary
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject:

I too had this problem ..

It would ring forever and finally after about 20-30 rings it gets transferred to the correct number (651-560-xxxx ) Most times not always.
I think itís a Server routing problem. Whatís weird .. is IF or WHEN it does finally connect the caller ID I get is : 1 (011) 316-1245 4xxxx

I had to contact dan .. and have his Call Routing Technicians look in to it.

Took a few days .. but fixed now :/
RHDScrambler
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Forgot about this post, problem has gotten slightly better, I can usually connect now, but it still takes several seconds and the caller id seems to be working properly. So how do I contact this Dan and his routing technicians? Live chat is pretty much useless, what other contact info is there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: