magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone got Google Voice 2 call a Magicjack & after x rin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malpert
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: anyone got Google Voice 2 call a Magicjack & after x rin Reply with quote

anyone got Google Voice 2 call a Magicjack & after x rings to call BACK the google voice number. It seems you cant get magic jack to forward a call after x rings .. and the computer has to be off to forward a call.

my goal is to get rid of my second phone line...and replace with a magicjack.

a call comes in on phone one.. i am busy so it rolls to phone 2... phone 2 rings lets say 5 times.. if im not busy i pick up. fine ... but if i am still busy on phone line 1 i want 5 rings to go off on phone 2. if i get off phone one in time i will answer it if not i want the call to go to my google voice which not only emails me a voice message but also types it out in an email to me
thanks
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: anyone got Google Voice 2 call a Magicjack & after x Reply with quote

malpert wrote:
anyone got Google Voice 2 call a Magicjack & after x rings to call BACK the google voice number. It seems you cant get magic jack to forward a call after x rings .. and the computer has to be off to forward a call.

my goal is to get rid of my second phone line...and replace with a magicjack.

a call comes in on phone one.. i am busy so it rolls to phone 2... phone 2 rings lets say 5 times.. if im not busy i pick up. fine ... but if i am still busy on phone line 1 i want 5 rings to go off on phone 2. if i get off phone one in time i will answer it if not i want the call to go to my google voice which not only emails me a voice message but also types it out in an email to me
thanks

Other that the typing out the email ( not a big deal as there can be MANY mistakes) when you dont pick up your MJ phone MJ has it's own voice mail and then it sends you an email with an audio files of the voice message. Not sure why that isnt good enough for you.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malpert
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: google voice Reply with quote

i have a lot going on with google voice.. i need that to function. I am aware of what magic jack's voice mail does...

i understand the forwarding doesnt work unless the computer is off.. also that you cant alter the number of rings before it forwards a call...

would magic beans help me with what i want to do. I dont want to use mjs voice mail.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: google voice Reply with quote

malpert wrote:
i have a lot going on with google voice.. i need that to function. I am aware of what magic jack's voice mail does...

i understand the forwarding doesnt work unless the computer is off.. also that you cant alter the number of rings before it forwards a call...

would magic beans help me with what i want to do. I dont want to use mjs voice mail.

Call forwarding with the MJ will work pc on or off, doesnt matter as long as you have it set up to forward. As far as rings go, as long as you have it set up to call forward there are no rings, it calls whatever number you have it set to call.
Since the MJ 2.0 update MagicBeans no longer works, you need to look inro MagicFeatures http://www.pcphonesoft.com/
I still dont see the big deal about having ones email transcribed. I rather hear the actual voicemail on my PC than read it and the mistakes Google makes in transcribing it, but whatever floats your boat..

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malpert
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: google voice Reply with quote

WOW... Magic Jack must have revised it, so it doesnt work!! good to know about magic beans not working with the magicjack.

i have lots of voicemails on google voice so would be better not to have 2 systems.. i wish there was a way to also control the number of rings before going to magic jack voice mail ...i see LOTS of people wanting that

==========================
bitstopjoe wrote:
malpert wrote:

Cal forwarding with the MJ will work pc on or off, doesnt matter as long as you have it set up to forward. As far as rings go, as long as you have it set up to call forward there are no rings, it calls whatever number you have it set to call.
Since the MJ 2.0 update MagicBeans no longer works, you need to look inro MagicFeatures http://www.pcphonesoft.com/
I still dont see the big deal about having ones email transcribed. I rather hear the actual voicemail on my PC than read it and the mistakes Google makes in transcribing it, but whatever floats your boat..
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: google voice Reply with quote

malpert wrote:
WOW... Magic Jack must have revised it, so it doesnt work!! good to know about magic beans not working with the magicjack.

i have lots of voicemails on google voice so would be better not to have 2 systems.. i wish there was a way to also control the number of rings before going to magic jack voice mail ...i see LOTS of people wanting that

bitstopjoe wrote:
malpert wrote:

Cal forwarding with the MJ will work pc on or off, doesnt matter as long as you have it set up to forward. As far as rings go, as long as you have it set up to call forward there are no rings, it calls whatever number you have it set to call.

Magicfeatures also has a product called "RingForever" It does exactly what it says. So if you wanted to use an answering machine this will allow you set the amount of rings your answering machine picks up and never go to MJ voicemail.. ALL of their products offer a 7 day free trial.
malpert
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: google voice Reply with quote

THANKS!!!

malpert wrote:

bitstopjoe wrote:
malpert wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: