magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Area codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekwerx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Area codes? Reply with quote

I just got my MagicJack in the mail today, plugged it in and....no local numbers. I was searching around, found these forums, and then read in the Area Codes coming "soon" that my area code (317) will be "active" (I think?) on 2.25.08 according to http://www.localcallingguide.com/lca_prefix.php?ocn=352E&npa=317&region=IN . Am I reading this right? If so, should I wait until on or after that date to activeate my service, or can I switch the number later? Any help would be very appreciated. THank you.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get a nearby number until area code 317 is available and request the one-time switch to a new 317 number. In the mean while, you can get a local 317 number from Grand Central (grandcentral.com) and tells GC to ring your current MJ number.

To request the one-time number switch, you will have to login into my.magicjack.com.
tekwerx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikeMagic wrote:
You could get a nearby number until area code 317 is available and request the one-time switch to a new 317 number. In the mean while, you can get a local 317 number from Grand Central (grandcentral.com) and tells GC to ring your current MJ number.

To request the one-time number switch, you will have to login into my.magicjack.com.

Sweet. Thanks so much. You rock.
AlaninKY
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this http://www.localcallingguide.com/lca_prefix.php?resultpage=10&npa=502
mean magicJack is getting on February 18th the 502 area code with a Louisville prefix?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think sale chat know much at all. I had a friend check the area code issue and here is the result.

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Glenn'

Glenn: Hello, how may I help you?

Norman: http://www.localcallingguide.com/lca_prefix.php?resultpage=10&npa=502 does this mean Area code 502 with prefix 713 will be available on February 18th

Glenn: what

Norman: I was checking http://www.localcallingguide.com/lca_prefix.php?resultpage=10&npa=502 and does it say area code 502 prefix 713 will be available on Feb 18th?

Glenn: ok

Glenn: today is 2/8

Norman: correct

Norman: I was asking is2/18 the date area code 502 with prefix 713 will be available?

Glenn: if it says so

Norman: ok I'll wait till Feb 18th to find out

Glenn: ok

Norman: bye Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From our chatroom today

[16:03] <AlaninKYhi> 502 area code with 713 prefix available 021808?
[16:03] <MagicHack> That's probably the day that MJ officially owns that block
[16:03] <AlaninKYhi> oh ok
[16:03] <MagicHack> it might take a month or so for them to get into their system...
[16:04] <MagicHack> for 212, it was listed in the localcallingguide for a while before MJ released it...
[16:04] <AlaninKYhi> ok, now I understand
[16:05] <AlaninKYhi> maybe before KY Derby in May it will be available
tekwerx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikeMagic wrote:

LikeMagic, I went to the GC website and signed up, and all I got was a "sorry, you'll have to wait until we're live, but we'll keep your request on file" page after I tried to get a number. It seems GC has been acquired by Google and theyre doing a GMail type deal - were in beta, and you'll have to wait, or get an invite. So, where do I go from here? Thanks.
Gerry_52

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me an email and a name and I'll send you one...I have 1 left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: