magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ATA/MJMD5 dead yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: ATA/MJMD5 dead yet? Reply with quote

Not sure, but are other folks not able to register their ATA with MJMD5 recently? For me, it was working until this morning. My internet connection went dead and I had to reset the router. When the internet came back, my ATA was unregistered and after starting/stopping MJMD5 a few times, ATA won't register even though it's pointing to the proxy (192.168.1.111:5070 in my case). I'm back to the dongle for now (of course it "lucky You'd" me and I'm on the 8/1 version.)

For me, it appears that the secret un/pw credentials that we can't sniff out for now has effected my MJ account, but I'm wondering..... is this a fluke?

Synchron Cool
razavi66
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: RE: ATA/MJMD5 dead yet? Reply with quote

Hi,

I had same problem, but these step solve it:

1- Stop MJMD5 & Close it. (check in Task manager, it must fully terminate)
2- Turn your ATA off (Unplug Power)
2- Restart your router.
3- Restart your Computer.
4- Run MJMD5
5- Turn on your ATA.(Plug the power)
6- Now it must work again.
7- Do not change any setting in your ATA, Router and MJMD5, if you made changes, Undo it to the setting that you have all working.
craigm1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: MJMD5 & pap2 Reply with quote

Have 4 computers running and 4 lines with 2 pap2 Last week they seem to do down once a day just need to start and stop mdmd5 a few times and wait it will kick back on wonder what's going on still much better than using dongle

craig
UncleRunkle
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try setting the register expires value lower to say 120 and see if that helps...
craigm1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Set the value to 60 good so far
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about? Can someone rewind?

I would love to use MJ without computer but don't know how.
Orgymang
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be worthwhile for me to purchase an ATA to use with MJ? What are the chances they are going to find a way to disable service for those using ATA's again?
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgymang wrote:
What are the chances they are going to find a way to disable service for those using ATA's again?

Very high probability they will make changes to shut down ATAs now that they have started down that road.

It takes serious skills to setup an ATA to use MJMD5,I'll just stick with the dongle & little computer and forgo all the misery the update cycles are going to cause.
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since the 8/1 update, I used the passwordfinder2.1 DOS tool from http://www.magicjackhacks.com only to discover that it's the same pw.

I entered it again in ATA, ran the proxy, and it works again. But it does wink out every now & then which will drive my family nuts when I'm gone so for now, I've gone the ATA/G5/GV/SS route(no PC required after setting it up) which has been holding steady for several days now (knock on wood!).

Synchron Cool
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you buy these atas? Brick and mortors have them?
desidude2000
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi, i'm still going strong here with mjproxy but it might be because i haven't stop or restarted it since july 01.

Code:
root     15350     1  0 Jul01 ?        00:02:43 mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.losangeles.talk4free.com 5070 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
craigm1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: pap2 Reply with quote

http://www.ipphone-warehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=pap2t

$47.99 and it's the real deal look for na that means it was shipped from linksys unlocked not a used pap2 that was unlocked

Craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: