magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back up image on a HP t5710

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tribute3
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Back up image on a HP t5710 Reply with quote

Hey guys I want to make an image of all the settings and all on my Hp t5710, is this possible? If so how?

I got everything exactly the way i want, and want to keep a copy jsut in case. Smile this is stable i have not touched it in weeks, and i have simulated a power outage with the power bar, i didnt touch it and in 5 min it was back up. Also stays very cool, which means not alot of power is being used. Smile

Thank you.
newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Back up image on a HP t5710 Reply with quote

When I ran a thin client, I followed the steps here:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00485307/c00485307.pdf
Tribute3
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Back up image on a HP t5710 Reply with quote

newtoncd wrote:
When I ran a thin client, I followed the steps here:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00485307/c00485307.pdf

Does this jsut create a ISO of the stock factory image? Or does it back-up all my settings and files on the thin client? I cant see the need for it being 180 MB to backup.
please advise.

Basically what im after is an image of my drive with all its contents, similar to the way norton ghost would work for a normal pc.
Tribute3
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tool that makes an image is already installed in the factory image its in control panel called "Hp thinstate capture" Very easy tool to use Smile
newtoncd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tribute3 wrote:
The tool that makes an image is already installed in the factory image its in control panel called "Hp thinstate capture" Very easy tool to use Smile

I followed the pdf, but later found the thinstate capture tool; it has been over a year since I used the thin client; I couldn't remember the name of it. Super easy to use.
Paul777

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thin State was awesome. I had three T5710's that I needed to get a clean image to. I reflashed the first one using the image from the HP website and also set up magicjack on it as well. Once I had everything working and set up the way I wanted, I used ThinState to image the other two units. And the image itself for my set up is saved to a USB key for safe keeping in case anything happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: