magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beep sound every minute or so -- How do I stop it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdBrehm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Beep sound every minute or so -- How do I stop it? Reply with quote

Since the beginning I hear a beep sound like somebody pressed the 1 button on the dial pad (but nobody did hit the 1). I have read a number chats but no solutions. Has anybody found a solution?

Thanks
newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reported this issue to tech support and was passed to the next higher level. After quite a bit of troubleshooting, I was told this would be passed to the engineers to have them look at it.

I do believe, however, the more people that report this issue, the better!!

I took some screen shots to show how the numbers appear in the softphone, and passed them to tech support.

They said they would email me if/when they find a fix.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple people reported that this occurred because certain tones of voices triggered DTMF processing. It was said that it occurred most often (always?) when talking to women.

Mark
MOA
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Beep sound every minute or so -- How do I stop it? Reply with quote

EdBrehm wrote:
Since the beginning I hear a beep sound like somebody pressed the 1 button on the dial pad (but nobody did hit the 1). I have read a number chats but no solutions. Has anybody found a solution?

Thanks

This had been addressed months ago and if i remember correctly it was windows sounds you are actually hearing ...

Anyway, I got the same sounds as you describe and the solution was to turn off various sounds in windows. I just turned them all off and have never heard them again ...
newtoncd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Beep sound every minute or so -- How do I stop it? Reply with quote

MOA wrote:
This had been addressed months ago and if i remember correctly it was windows sounds you are actually hearing ...

Anyway, I got the same sounds as you describe and the solution was to turn off various sounds in windows. I just turned them all off and have never heard them again ...

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. For my situation:
--it is the exact sound as if someone is hitting a number on the keypad of the phone while on the phone
--it can only be heard on the distant end, and
--it seems tied to a female voice (certain tones)

See the URL below for a screenshot, you will see that numbers are being entered on the keypad, but my wife uses a Panasonic speakerphone and we use a Thin Client, so I don't even see the magicJack softphone, thus, we can't be entering any numbers.

http://newtoncd.freehost10.com/pics/magicjack.jpg

The Windows sounds don't have any affect on this.

Last edited by newtoncd on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Beep sound every minute or so -- How do I stop it? Reply with quote

newtoncd wrote:
I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.

Some people hear computer sounds ("ta-dah" incoming mail). Others have heard the sounds of touch-tone key presses. In those cases they reported that it seemed to be related to female voices which seemed to hit the right pitch to trigger a DTMF response.

There's no solution except for them to take up smoking, and sound like Marge Simpson's sister.

Mark
newtoncd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Beep sound every minute or so -- How do I stop it? Reply with quote

MOA wrote:

Just to see, I just turned off all sounds on the Thin Client. That would be great if this solves it.
Atari Man
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive noticed this on my end as well.. and It definitely sounds like as touch tone from a phone key pad... Sometimes I dont hear it.. Sometimes itll be once every 10 minutes.. but hey, no big deal to me.. and the other person im talking to cant hear it...

As far as windows sounds go.. I did notice that MSN Messenger sounds would come over the phone... which was kind of weird.. so i turned those sounds off and no more problem...
MOA
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Beep sound every minute or so -- How do I stop it? Reply with quote

newtoncd wrote:
MOA wrote:

Just to see, I just turned off all sounds on the Thin Client. That would be great if this solves it.

good luck!
newtoncd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disabled all sounds on the thin client .... my wife is still getting a tone sound that only the distant end can hear. Oh well, it was worth a shot.
kelliblue
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: STILL BEEPING Reply with quote

OK, I get that annoying beep as well, it sounds like someone hits the phone keypad by mistake.

If *I* make the call out, I hear the beeps, if someone calls me, *they* hear the beeps. It happens about once every 15-30 seconds and is VERY ANNOYING.

I don't believe it has anything to do with my computer sounds (as I don't even have that sound file on my PC)

I've rebooted, restarted, unplugged, replugged, changed settings, etc., all to no avail. It's really ticking me off, and it ticks off my callers too. I need a fix for this, it's gotten to the point that one of my friends doesn't even want to call me any more!

Anyone? Bueller??
TooManyIDs
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

"touch tone sounds" as if someone pressed the phone key pad.

I'll check the software next time and capture the image to report to MJ.
cadets
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is my 1st post here and I too have been having the damned "tone BEEP" issues both when calling the magic jack and making calls from the magick jack.

Well after being on tech support three times, I got a hold of an agent that appears to have fixed my issues, but I will respond if those damn beeps come back.

Here is what they had me do.
1.) Right click on my computer
2.) Select manage
3.) Click on Disk Management
4.) Find your drive for MagicJack and select format (WARNING, WARNING, WARNING... this will erase ALL contact information) You have been warned.
5.) After this is done you will need to do the magicjack upgrade
6.) After Luck you Upgrade is done there you have it.

I have done this and have not noticed anymore BEEPS, but will keep you informaed.

I hope this helps at least one more person.

Peace,
cadets
lokar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: check this out, fixed mine a year ago Reply with quote

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/anybody-know-how-to-t968.html
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the beep tone has nothing to do with the magicjack dongle, or the computer it's on.

I tried my SIP info in my WiFi phone and I still hear the tones.

it sounds like the beep tone given when someone is recording the conversation. Shocked for legal purposes

Smile
DoC_DaR
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

momo wrote:
the beep tone has nothing to do with the magicjack dongle, or the computer it's on.

I tried my SIP info in my WiFi phone and I still hear the tones.

it sounds like the beep tone given when someone is recording the conversation. Shocked for legal purposes

Smile

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me!" Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: