magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Block Calls (Official Release of Private Caller)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Block Calls (Official Release of Private Caller) Reply with quote

June 26th 2010

The Program no Longer Functions Properly
This program utilized a free service @ www.jaduka.com. This service no longer exists. The program no longer works as a result of the cancellation of www.jaduka.com. I have scoured the internet looking for similar services that would be compatible with this programs function but have not came up with any that would or could work. I had a fire over the winter of 2009-2010 and lost a web server with most of my source codes and programs. So now even if I did find a service I would have to code a program from scratch.

It was fun while it lasted but everything good comes to an end sooner or later.

If any body knows of any webpage based telephony services that can connect calls let me know.

Private Caller is a program I made to initiate a Private Phone Call using jaduka.com�s �DukaLink�

Download The Program From Here. http://www.savefile.com/files/1914530

Uses:
1.) Insert your number
2.) Insert the number you want to call
3.) Click initiate call (your phone rings, you answer the phone and

the the phone number you want to call begins to ring as soon as you answer the phone.

Initial setup.

1.) Create a free account at http://labs.jaduka.com

2.) You need your account userid. Login to http://labs.jaduka.com and go to your settings page. Once the page is done loading right click the page and click view source. When the notepad or other html editor opens search for the phrase userid. Once you find the phrase userid look for the number next. It should look something like this:

input type="hidden" name="userId" id="userId" value="90999"

The 90999 would be your user id.

Once you have your userid save it and can continue to step 3

3.) Click the DukaLink link in your Jaduka labs account. There will a box on the left side of the page that says my DukaLink.

4.) Write in a name for your DukaLink then click add. Link will be created that looks something like this:
http://labs.jaduka.com/dukalink/call/XXXXXXX

The XXXXXXX is your Jaduka link code. Once you have this code save it a continue to step 5

5.) Open the Private Caller Program and click the required settings button. Enter the email address and password to your Jaduka labs account, enter your userid, enter your DukaLink code, enter your first name, enter your last name.

(Note: you don�t have to enter your real first or last name. but that is what will be stored in your Jaduka account settings. Do not use jibber jabish, at least make an effort to write a name like john smith. The program will not work right without a correctly formatted name.)

6.) Click Save Settings.

You are now ready to use the program. The settings are saved and never have to be changed in order for the program to work.

Feel Free to ask any questions, if you have problems I�ll gladly assist. Enjoy!!

Special thanks to JohnnyFreightTRAIN. His method of making blocked calls was the inspiration for this program.

Last edited by zmaddmattz on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyFreightTRAIN
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
Now I don't have to do it manually anymore.

Works perfectly,
Thanks and bunch!
30secs
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFreightTRAIN wrote:
Awesome!
Now I don't have to do it manually anymore.

Works perfectly,
Thanks and bunch!

how do you do it manually?
30secs
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's cool man. works perfectly. thanks!
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it works for you guys. The program also can be used to make long distance to us and canada for free. it could come in handy if you have access to the internet at work and want to make a long distance call at work.
30secs
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zmaddmattz wrote:
I'm glad it works for you guys. The program also can be used to make long distance to us and canada for free. it could come in handy if you have access to the internet at work and want to make a long distance call at work.

how does it work exactly? can i do it from landlines too, assuming i run the app first?
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can i do it from landlines too

I would guess, yes, but can't you just *67 from a landline (which doesn't work with MJ)?

BTW, I tested it and it works great! Now, if I can just find someone I want to block my number from.
30secs
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
Quote:
can i do it from landlines too

I would guess, yes, but can't you just *67 from a landline (which doesn't work with MJ)?

I was referring to the fact you can make free calls. This potentially opens the door to calling free from any number, including work, friends, and even a pay phone! (assuming you can run "private caller".)
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The program logs into your jaduka account. changes your phone number to the number you want to call. then it opens your dukalink, inserts your phone number and intiates the call.

Say that you just wanted to use your dukalink to insert the other partys number. if in your jaduka settings you had your number then using the dukalink would make the call. The problem is the other persons phone would ring first. the id would show as private or "0" and when the party answered it would beging to make the call. Whos going to answer a private call that reconnects them to another line?

the prgram I wrote makes your phone ring first. dukalink was designed to hide your number, but explicitly other people have to intiate the call to you.

http://labs.jaduka.com/dukalinkfaq

"dukaLINK is a FREE phone to phone call web link that routes calls through the regular global public switched telephone network (PSTN). dukaLINK's technology sits on top of a rock-solid telecommunications switching platform developed and maintained by our parent company, NetworkIP. By combining its technology and unique services portfolio with the capabilities of NetworkIP, Jaduka is leading the worldwide adoption of voice-enabled Internet applications by offering applications such as dukaLINK to enterprises and consumers alike."

"Phone to phone calls to numbers in North America using dukaLINK are free of long distance or connection charges. We are offering this service to demonstrate the capabilities or our applications and network. There are no hidden fees. Note: Using your mobile number to receive dukaLINK calls are subject to the charges, terms and conditions of the mobile carrier associated with the mobile number being used."
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30secs wrote:

I was referring to the fact you can make free calls. This potentially opens the door to calling free from any number, including work, friends, and even a pay phone! (assuming you can run "private caller".)

Exacta mundo, any north american number. My friends without long distance love me for this one.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was referring to the fact you can make free calls.

30secs... I like the way you think, but that's what I use my MJ for. (I need to start thinking more out o' the box.)

Last edited by Darkman90808 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
30secs
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zmaddmattz wrote:
The program logs into your jaduka account. changes your phone number to the number you want to call. then it opens your dukalink, inserts your phone number and intiates the call.

Brilliant!

I also love the fact i can load and run "pivate caller" from my flash drive. Great work zmaddmattz!
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if it would usefully to put some controls that would make a call at a certian time? scheduled calls??
msiam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Schedule would be a nice addition, that way we can schedule the calls to a K7fax to be done twice a month to give it a "keep alive" call.. since we have to use it once a month to keep the number.. Is it just a call or does it have to contain a fax?? I never thought about that??? If that is one use that would work.. Yeah.. I would like to give it a try... Great work zmaddattz.. Keep the ideas rollin in..
Very Happy
msiam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zmaddmattz.. think about this for a second.. there is a service from UK called "Call2" with this you sms txt to their number with the body of the message containing p 1443xxxxxxx ... that is p space and the number ... What would be the possibility of creating that little tool to provide call backs to a cell like t mobile with the fav 5 , one number being the number you would have set up as your own calling you back then complete the call to the designated callee?? That's just a quick thought but, it seems with the many tricks that you have up your sleeve, and the possibilities that JaDuka has.. this may be a new fun little tool.. Am I out of my bubble on this one , or ist a possibility?? Confused Making the number that calls the T Mobile phone back the same each time being a favorite in the 5??
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msiam wrote:
zmaddmattz.. think about this for a second.. there is a service from UK called "Call2" with this you sms txt to their number with the body of the message containing p 1443xxxxxxx ...
I'm asuming you recieve a call from the number you sent in the body of text???? what shows up on the caller ID?

I get the concept. a program that can initiate a call with a static number showing up on your caller ID, that way you get free talk time by adding the number to your fav5.

I'm going to have to look into it.. we'll see what happens.
msiam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,, thats the concept.. As long as the number that calls me back is one that I have set up as one of my Fav 5, then that call is free minutes.. Yes.. You got it Very Happy
30secs
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also zmaddmattz, is there any way to indicate once i click "initiate call" that something is happening? if it's in progress, timed-out, failed?
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30secs wrote:
also zmaddmattz, is there any way to indicate once i click "initiate call" that something is happening? if it's in progress, timed-out, failed?

Currently there is no way to know if its working right, but if you don't recieve the call then you know it diden't work. it should not take more then 30 seconds for it to make the call. I'm sorry I diden't make a status indicator, just diden't have the time. I am working on it though. I figured it would be better to release the program as is (that why you can get the most out of it.) no one knows how long jaduka will be free or even exsist.
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zmaddmattz wrote:
30secs wrote:

Exacta mundo, any north american number. My friends without long distance love me for this one.

Exactly why I have been mentioning Jaduka Labs to everyone every possible chance that I get. Why not? Grandcentral seems to be so popular and this is just as useful if not more since you can actually register with these guys.

This is how I made long distance calls for so long without the magicjack.

It's also good for spreading out your usage on earthcaller, as magicjack seems to be starting to enforce their "excessive use" policy.
tada
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zmaddmattz wrote:
30secs wrote:

Exactly why I have been mentioning Jaduka Labs to everyone every possible chance that I get. Why not? Grandcentral seems to be so popular and this is just as useful if not more since you can actually register with these guys.

This is how I made long distance calls for so long without the magicjack.

It's also good for spreading out your usage on earthcaller, as magicjack seems to be starting to enforce their "excessive use" policy.

The magicJack FAQ mentions this somewhat, but doesn't actually answer the question of what "excessive use" is.

http://www.magicjack.com/9/faq/
Search: "terms of service"
Select: "Are there any restrictions on long distance usage?"

Which brings you to:
http://www.magicjack.com/site/tos.html
http://www.magicjack.com/1/tos.asp

Quote:

If magicJack sees excessive use or systematic or intentional misuse, it reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the magicJack device and/or Software immediately

Since they do not tell us what "excessive use" is, how the heck can they enforce it?

-tada
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you provide an example of what they are doing to enforce the policy? I was really looking forward to making excessive long distance calls lol.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you provide an example of what they are doing to enforce the policy?

A few folks have had there service disconnected and referred to a number to buy minutes at a penny a minute. There was a story of a telemarketer who was cut off for making over 200 calls a day, who posted a rant on another site. Don't know much beyond that. With the "Do Not Call" list in effect for telemarketers, I'm wondering if MJ isn't just trying to keep itself out of any legal wranglings.
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudygirl wrote:
it works great, thank.

np I'm glad its working ok for everyone.
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any other links for the Private Caller program? The link at the top of the forum is showing as "service down" today. And I'd like to try the program out!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zmaddmattz wrote:
Can you provide an example of what they are doing to enforce the policy? I was really looking forward to making excessive long distance calls lol.

I posted a collection of examples here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21324662-magicjack-is-a-RIPOFF~start=20#21432106

As "darkman" said, there was a dingaling telemarketer who posted a complaint on ripoffreport.com:

http://ripoffreport.com/reports/0/384/RipOff0384639.htm

The policy ended as quickly as it began. It's too bad. I support MJ's prerogative to keep costs low, and enforce a limit. It's just the way it was handled was horrible. No definition of "excessive use." No warning. No notification that a person had been terminated (except to call a phone number that was rarely answered). Even the help desk wasn't informed until 2-3 days later.

Mark
alibest1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
the problem iam having is that the person on the other side cannot hear me.any solution for that.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alibest1 wrote:
hi
the problem iam having is that the person on the other side cannot hear me.any solution for that.

See the wiki: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MagicJack/Support_Resources/FAQ#How_do_I_fix_common_handset_problems.3F

You're going to have to provide more information than that. And, you might browse the forum. There are recent threads in the tech. support forum about this.

Mark
mysdak
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine comes up as out of area
Is that what I should expect?
pma22222
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Private Caller Reply with quote

Just set up private caller and it works great. Thanks!
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to work too! Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
slappydan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this work when using an ATA?
Fefjyrex
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was working perfectly but all of a sudden its not working anymore. I tried re-downloading it and changing the settings but nothing. I click Initiate Call and nothing happens. Sad Sad Sad
MagicDump

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Program works Great.

In Here you can make free international call to over 45 countries and it also will block your number if you do it in reverse order.

http://www.poketalk.com/
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Dukadial and Dukalink is not working for me anymore, I keep recieving an error.

Sometimes it does work, though oddly.

Does anyone have this problem?

Magicdump -- I will check that out! Thank you very much. If it's legitimate that will save allot people loads of cash. i've been looking for a site that does this for quite some time now.

UPDATE =
The problem is calls are limited to 10 minutes. And also 50 calls per month, which isn't bad. Would be alright for a short call but not what I am looking for, which is i need to call belgum either free or for dirt cheap to catch up with a relative who is there. But shes the only person I know who lives outside of Canada and The United States, so international calling isn't really a big deal for me. I've got the magicjack, and if it starts working again dukadial and dukalink. (BTW, it's a shame earthcaller has been suspended. Was fun while it lasted.)
MagicDump

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to call belgum either free or for dirt cheap to catch up with a relative who is there.

JohnnyFreightTRAIN:

LocalPhone

I have been using Localphone for a long time and the quality is excellent. they will assign you a local phone number for each of your contacts so you can make the call from your cell phone.

You can call Belgium for 2 cents a minute using LocalPhone.

Also if you are lucky to have a back door dialing number like I do they will be able to call you from anywhere in the word using Gizmo 5 for free.

You can check your number here:

http://gizmo5.com/pc/backdoor/

There is also Talkster, this one will allow you to call Belgium for free but I have never try it.

http://www.talkster.com/Countries.aspx
MOA
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this down?

can't make a call ...

thanks ...
MagicDump

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still working for me.

IjJust try it.
MOA
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicDump wrote:
Still working for me.

IjJust try it.

first .. thank you

still a no go here ...

think i will try a re-boot ...
MOA
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOA wrote:
MagicDump wrote:
Still working for me.

IjJust try it.

first .. thank you

still a no go here ...

think i will try a re-boot ...

well i reboot and still a no .. MJ works just fine ...

the program just stopped working ...

I noticed at jaduka under settings ... the Contact Number: changes to the number you try to call ...

i guess this is ok?
MagicDump

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOA,

My still working fine I will keep an testing I will let you know if it stop working.

I don't think the author of this program is available any more to fix it it, is too bad because I like it very much, it is a way to hide your CID for MJ.
MOA
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicDump wrote:
MOA,

My still working fine I will keep an testing I will let you know if it stop working.

I don't think the author of this program is available any more to fix it it, is too bad because I like it very much, it is a way to hide your CID for MJ.

thank you!!!

I created a brand new account at jaduka still using my mj number and it worked ...

weird ...
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry for not responding to any of the posts. as soon as I get my stuff together I will post the source for anyone that wants to keep this prog alive (maybe possibly add a international service????).

I have alot of crazy stuff going on in my life right now. I'm not going to get in to any specifics, but I could really use some thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for understanding
arcadia2uk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the source code on the index page has changed, why you can no longer find your userID.
I guess I have to search through my old CD's in order to revover it Wink
zmaddmattz, you've got all our support.

PS, luckily I had a backup CD that I found. However, if someone is trying this out for the first time, you might run into this issue.

Last edited by arcadia2uk on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
msiam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with those issues, zmaddmattz
msiam
jester420247sl
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I created an jaduka account etc and filled in all the info needed into "Private Caller" and I know I did it correctly. When I click "Initiate Call" nothing happens, I am supposed to wait for my phone to ring correct then I will pick it up and then it will be calling out correct? I am using my magicJack phone number but when I add the number to the "Call Number" the settings are being changed in my jaduka settings to the number I am calling. I am a bit confused since it doesn't seem to be as straight foward as I thoight it would be. "My Number" should be the number I want to show up on THIER Caller ID correct? and "Call Number" is the number I am dialing correct?

Does this even work anymore before I spend more time trying to figure this out.
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be aware that this program is making use of a service called "Jaduka Labs" which is no longer in existance.

That means, this program should not work at all anymore. If it does work for you, I will be amazed.
thejacker
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Block Calls (Official Release of Private Caller) Reply with quote

zmaddmattz wrote:
Private Caller is a program I made to initiate a Private Phone Call using jaduka.com�s �DukaLink�

Download The Program From Here. http://www.savefile.com/files/1914530

That link where you say to download the program from doesn't
even work. Can some one provide a WORKING link please!
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: he Program no Longer Functions Properly Reply with quote

June 26th 2010

The Program no Longer Functions Properly
This program utilized a free service @ www.jaduka.com. This service no longer exists. The program no longer works as a result of the cancellation of www.jaduka.com. I have scoured the internet looking for similar services that would be compatible with this programs function but have not came up with any that would or could work. I had a fire over the winter of 2009-2010 and lost a web server with most of my source codes and programs. So now even if I did find a service I would have to code a program from scratch.

It was fun while it lasted but everything good comes to an end sooner or later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: