magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blocking calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Blocking calls Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea about blocking calls from certain numbers?
How to do it?
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that MJ can block calls. There are a couple of solutions I can suggest. Some Panasonic cordless phones have a call blocking feature that allows you to manually enter the number to block. Check the instruction book before purchasing to make sure this feature is available on the model you are considering. Another way to discourage (not block) calls is to have the "beep-beep-beep" out of service tones at the beginning of your outgoing voice mail message (available at http://yourhomenow.com/sit.html). I've put these tones on my MJ and cell and it seems to work (no guarantees). At least I don't get calls from the same number again. To put the tones on your message, download the file, load it in any media player program, and then simply play it from your computer speakers when you revise your outgoing message.
Mjguy456
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Blocking Numbers Reply with quote

Gene

I have found some apps with a google search

I do not know if they work

I searched "Magic Jack Blocked numbers"
the app offers a free trial then $19.99 has many other options
too
goldat
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Blocking calls Reply with quote

Gene45 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea about blocking calls from certain numbers?
How to do it?

I've come up with a trick that almost gets it done. I forward all my calls to Google Voice which then forwards it back to my number. That's where it gets a little tricky but forcing all my calls to my GV number. The next time this pesky person calls me, I can then block them from GV. The issue is figuring out how to get both my MagicJack (MagicApp) phones to ring when getting a call. So far, with a bit of GV tweaking I have my MagicApp ringing consistently but not thru my MagicPlus. I can accept this for now because GV sends me an email, text message, and voice message the second someone calls and I don't answer. You can even listen to someone leaving a voice message before they are done.

I might add, doing it this way, I don't have to give out any new numbers to anybody. My phones still work, I can call out, etc. Plus GV gives me a few added options like Call Conferencing and Recording calls.

Cheers!!
goldat
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from what I wrote earlier.

MagicJack gives you the ability to forward your calls. So, if you have MagicApp which you can load on your PC or smartphone. MagicJack gives you the option to forward both of them separately. So, I forward my MagicApp to my Google Voice number but I don't forward my MagicJack Plus. Both use the same number. What this does is it allows my phone to continue to ring at home (MagicJack Plus) but GV takes precedence over the Voice Mail. This is key because GV logs all my calls to MagicJack, which then gives me the option to block unwanted numbers thru GV.

So, I do not have to change my number or give out a new number. Google Voice and MagicApp is free as of today. As of today, I have not had a call come in that was blocked. That one pesky person that was calling me twice a day and not leaving a message does not call anymore. Either way, I'm happy with the results. I'm sharing because when I first read about GV, I could not comprehend what they were talking about or how it would work for me. I'm also very irritated with the fact MagicJack won't do nothing about this.

I hope this helps....
Thunder
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You now have the ability to block up to 99 numbers in your Magic Jack account. Just use your PC and go to call features.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: